Fj60 om617 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doomsday Diesel offers a modified oil pan to allow for 4WD installations - Jeep and Toyota I believe.

Doomsday Diesel offers a modified oil pan to allow for 4WD installations - Jeep and Toyota I believe.
They do I did this swap in a 95 Jeep Wrangler on Dana 60s and didn’t have to touch the oil pan so we will see worst case scenario I’ll modify it

65D705AC-C56E-4216-A7FE-376233191AD7.jpeg
9FCF03C4-2029-40A9-A1CB-826032AF2CF7.jpeg

I would put the 2f back in if it was my truck. That engine is far too underpowered for a 60 series. A 3b would make more power with a turbo. Not trying to be negative but I've used one of those engines in a toyota pickup and it was painful to drive. I have had many 3b powered cruisers and they are a far superior engine.

I would put the 2f back in if it was my truck. That engine is far too underpowered for a 60 series. A 3b would make more power with a turbo. Not trying to be negative but I've used one of those engines in a toyota pickup and it was painful to drive. I have had many 3b powered cruisers and they are a far superior engine.
What was all done to yours? My last one moved a Jeep on one tons with 38s no problem at all. It also had pump work and a compound turbo set up

Maybe if it’s left completely stock with old injectors and pump

9D4E4B38-A019-4A9B-9648-F5A2256666C8.jpeg
intercooler is mounted should have the rest of my parts by end of next week and will get the motor in and hopefully running in a few weeks

Looking forward to seeing how it works out

Maybe if it’s left completely stock with old injectors and pump
Benzforce has some pretty cool turn key stuff right now. Holset turbos with adapters, DieselMeken pump upgrades. Lots of potential especially that you have the IC. Can all be done after you get it on the road of course.

Benzforce has some pretty cool turn key stuff right now. Holset turbos with adapters, DieselMeken pump upgrades. Lots of potential especially that you have the IC. Can all be done after you get it on the road of course.
Oh yeah my plan is a 7.5 mil pump once it’s up and running I already have an hx30w turbo and the pump maxed out so it should be better then the 2f that came out of it I am also doing water methanol injection to help egts and give it a little kick in the nuts

Got my first test drive in and I will say it’s honestly not that bad I would say it’s definitely better then the 2f I pulled out of it and that’s still stock injectors and stock pump just turned up I still have lots of little things that need to be fixed or change but it moves under its own power now

2A2EE78B-22A4-49C4-8304-B2A86DFFEDC6.jpeg

Looking good. Let us know how the mpg are after you get some miles on it

Looking good. Let us know how the mpg are after you get some miles on it
So far it’s looking pretty promising I have put around 100 miles on it the last two days and have used less then 1/8 of an tank and I have been extremely mean to it

Looking good! I bought upgraded injectors from Busted knuckle injector. They’re good for the extra horsepower you’re looking for. Guessing your mileage will be upper teens/low 20’s. Nice work.

Looking good! I bought upgraded injectors from Busted knuckle injector. They’re good for the extra horsepower you’re looking for. Guessing your mileage will be upper teens/low 20’s. Nice work.
I’ll have to look them up thank you! I would be happy with 15mpg I was getting 6.5 with the 2f lol

Nice, you did that fast. Is that the Holset He221w? We are working on swapping to that from a compound stock turbo/Hx35 on my friends 617 4runner

Nice, you did that fast. Is that the Holset He221w? We are working on swapping to that from a compound stock turbo/Hx35 on my friends
I was tired of it sitting in my driveway and I was also laid off last week so I had a little free time on my hands lol No it’s an hx30w it’s pretty laggy but once I get working again I’ll get the pump ordered and do my compound set up and it should be much much better. I had a stock turbo/ gt35 on my last project and it did pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom