FJ60 Mystery wiring connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could use some help identifying the purpose for a couple of orphan wiring connectors behind my instrument panel bezel. A little background - this is a 1987 FJ60 with 3fe and H55 transplants. I do not know for sure if the entire wiring harness for the truck was also swapped out...this is probably part of my confusion. I think I have two connectors for a rear wiper on/intermittent/washer switch - a small white one in the second pic, and also the larger white one in the first pic. I have two switches, and each has a different type of connector. (And...neither one works the wiper motor or sprayer). there is a second connector that looks identical to the one in the second picture.
I have a rear defogger switch, but the connector on that doesn't match up with any of the connectors you see in these pics.
If you can help me identify what these are for, I'd sure appreciate it....
T
wiring connector 4.JPG
wiring connector 1.JPG

Okay, so after doing a little research into the owners manual and the FSM I think I know what the larger connector is for, but I'm still perplexed by two of the small connectors - one black and one white - in the second photo. the middle one is for the rear window wiper/washer switch, I think...

There are many connectors on land cruisers of different years that are for mods that were not offered in the U.S. Not saying these are that type but not everything is connected

Is the black one possibly for the rear window defogger switch? This is what the plug looks like in the FSM
1609165215319.png

And here is what the FSM show the rear wiper washer plug looking like , looking like the large one in the first pic.

1609165466615.png

Is the black one possibly for the rear window defogger switch? This is what the plug looks like in the FSM
View attachment 2537237

And here is what the FSM show the rear wiper washer plug looking like , looking like the large one in the first pic.

View attachment 2537244
Yes I agree about the connector for the wiper motor – but there’s another one in there that looks identical and I can’t tell what that one is for.

I don't remember having a black plug. i recently replaced my bezel which of course requires unplugging and plugging them all back. I do remember there being and extra plug that wasn't used. This on an 87 fj60. But these harnesses are made for many applications, overseas models etc so not all plugs get used. Do you have all the switches with their connectors? Maybe ask for pics of connectors for the switches you are missing. Many have spare switches laying around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom