FJ60- MOLLE panel Rear Back Window (Glass removed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently removing drivers side rear back window and installing solid thin metal panel. Panel will be same size as glass and fit back in with seals/trim. NO cutting or welding. Threaded studs will be welded to inside of window panel to mount custom made MOLLE panel.
I'm having MOLLE panels made to spec, 14ga steel, for window shape/size. Meaning MOLLE panel will be same size or slightly larger than the glass you visibly see. Closely matching angles and lines. Is anyone else interested in a FJ60 custom MOLLE panel? Is there a demand? This will made for driver rear but can be flipped to fit on passengers. NOTE the photo attached has MOLLE layout and 1/4 holes for easy mounting and bolting on extras. Gives more options than just MOLLE. Attached photo is for design idea and is NOT for FJ60. Just gives hole layout/ideas. Will be steel, not plastic. I'll get pricing ASAP. Thinking $200-$250 range for MOLLE panel but not sure.
Complete system is being made/designed, not just discussed.

Molle.jpg
FJ side window.jpg

Currently removing drivers side rear back window and installing solid thin metal panel. Panel will be same size as glass and fit back in with seals/trim. NO cutting or welding. Threaded studs will be welded to inside of window panel to mount custom made MOLLE panel.
I'm having MOLLE panels made to spec, 14ga steel, for window shape/size. Meaning MOLLE panel will be same size or slightly larger than the glass you visibly see. Closely matching angles and lines. Is anyone else interested in a FJ60 custom MOLLE panel? Is there a demand? This will made for driver rear but can be flipped to fit on passengers. NOTE the photo attached has MOLLE layout and 1/4 holes for easy mounting and bolting on extras. Gives more options than just MOLLE. Attached photo is for design idea and is NOT for FJ60. Just gives hole layout/ideas. Will be steel, not plastic. I'll get pricing ASAP. Thinking $200-$250 range for MOLLE panel but not sure.

View attachment 2396401View attachment 2396410
I would have an interest.

Cool idea. I'm thinking about redoing my cargo area. I currently have a metal rack with tools under it are some odds/ends on top. The rack goes about half way up the back seat. I can't decide about modifying it to have a sleeping area back there. (would need to fold down the back seat and extend the rack for a sleeping platform.

View attachment 2396401View attachment 2396410
Did you ever get this done? Would love to see some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom