FJ60 marker lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
so i thought i had a burned out bulb.... but the fawkin whole back side of the light just fell apart :-\ .... oh well rant over ordered one fron CCOT's 24 bucks but my trucks worth it , anyone else have that happen to theres??

Let me guess, front driver's side marker light? Happened to mine, I think it's from the excess heat on that side of the engine (the check valve on the air rail failed, p.o. never fixed it, leaking hot exhaust for who knows how long). The whole plastic housing for the light crumbled.

Of course, it happened as I was checking out my frayed harness leading to my headlight, which had decided not to work (wire insulation was brittle, probably from the heat, too). And the marker light didn't just crumble, the leads touched each other, shorting out and blowing the fuse, which also controls the tail lights. And it was New Year's Day, in the evening, and I had 60 miles to drive home. With my wife and two kids in the car. Did I mention I didn't have any spare fuses? :doh:

After some real white-knuckle driving on the highway, I pulled into a gas station that had fuses for sale--bought a whole bunch of 'em. :D Popped the fuse in, then realized that I was only missing my low beams, and drove home looking like the space ship from Close Encounters. :D

Oh, and in case your wondering, I think the marker light is sold as one piece only, no cheap replacement bulb. :-[

This happened to mine also plus the 62 was already missing a few others.

I replaced mine with some I found at Advance Auto that were for a trailer. Just had to make backing plates and they fit right in the OEM holes. :D

Worked for me!!

My driver side lamp too.. I loved the way it fell apart in my hand when I thought it was just a bulb to be replaced. I was glad to find out it happens to many of us...

Yep. Both sides.

ditto - both fronts are new for same reasons.....

thanx guys its nice to know i'm not the only one it happend too .... my passanger side still looks good ... knock, knock .... ;)

If you go to the junkyard, you'll see a lot of mid-80's Toyotas are using the identical side markers. These cost $2.50 each at my local Pick N Pull. The rear one also fits other than the red lens.

Dave

Ditto the guys in the BOTH SIDES corner, stopped into Advance & browsed all the fancy LED mood light stuff & found a pair of white exterior use ones with stickum on the side, should be a breeze to make a bracket to hold. $6.99 + tax !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom