FJ60 Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a new '85 FJ60 owner, I've been spending way too much time at the local Toyota dealership. They are very knowledgeable and do great work, but it's putting quite a dent in the old pocketbook. I'd like to start doing my own repairs. Which repair manual do you guys recommend and where did you get it? I can change my own oil and am willing to learn to do just about anything, but I need somewhere to start. My current issue-if you have any thoughts-is a low idle. It idles somewhere between 250 and 750 - when it gets close to the 250, the stall lights go on. Is there a simple adjustment, or should I wait for the manual. Believe it or not, I'm pretty excited to get under the hood!

what you need is what the boys at Toyota use, the Factory Service Manaul, its by far the best, For a 85 fj60 you will need 3 books, the Chasis and Body, the 2f motor and the Emisions book. Can get at the dealer, or from Toyota direct, or thru Cruiserdan(on this list) or Spector(but they want more than the dealer) or Ebay is a good place to look for them used. I think new your looking at $80-90(just a guess)

John H

Ditto Landpimp, you can't go wrong with the factory manual, Haynes or Chiltons are just too general for a lot of things. I had a Haynes and sold it 'cause it did not cover the stuff I was looking at. Now it's factory all the way, I don't even pick up another manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom