FJ60 LS conversion and trail tailor coil conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the color last night and we will put clear on today.

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

Awesome project!

Have you looked at doing a fuel module over the inline pump? Throwing a mid-2000s GM fuel module in the gas tank gives a lot of peace of mind. I know some folks don't mind carrying a few spares, but its never fun to swap out a pump when it's 100 degrees.

Let me add. Epic vehicle. It's easy to enjoy your handiwork.

Last edited:
Awesome work! Rig loos amazing! How does the trail tailor coilover swap ride compared to stock? Curious as I may go that route on mine. Thanks for any info.

I'm wondering why you needed the new brake line bracket. Can't you use the old one with 80 series brakes?

I was going to go with in tank fuel pump but I was talking to Cameron at mosley motor and told me that he was using a inline for a couple years and hadn't had a problem if you have a clean tank and I can change the pump out in 30 minutes super easy.
My friend that I got this fj from had the slider windows put in in the 90s I think that sor has them.
I'll tell more on the coil after this week end I'm take wheeling but so far its not as bumpy and rides good.
FJ80 have two brake lines that go to the brake caliper off the frame fj60 just have one on the right.

Have you looked at doing a fuel module over the inline pump? Throwing a mid-2000s GM fuel module in the gas tank gives a lot of peace of mind. I know some folks don't mind carrying a few spares, but its never fun to swap out a pump when it's 100 degrees.

Let me add. Epic vehicle. It's easy to enjoy your handiwork.
Got agree there, i used a vetteworks flange and used the OEM fuel pump module and made an access door in the floor, super reliable and easy. Had to boil the tank out though before welding.

Got the chance to wheel for the 1st time in a while yesterday, LJ & his rig were along also. This rig looks good in pictures for sure AND even better in person.👍🎯🇺🇸

LJ, what is the paint breakdown? Paint make and color code. I like it. Looks like suede/satin.

Jason

I am curious too - he said said above he cleared it so I wonder if he put flattener in the clear.

Here is the report on the trail tailor front coil kit. It is super nice now on the wash board . The articulation is so much better. I've been on a few day trips now Its running warm on long low range climbs but cools down at idle run great on the road . So I'm think that the engine compartment get hot so I'm going to take the hood off and run up silver canyon 5000+' of climbing to see if it helps if it does I will louver the hood. If it doesn't I will change radiator and water pump we'll see.
here's a few pic of yesterday's Eastern Sierra 4x4 club run and my co-driver. Two weeks on the paint and the flat is super for the desert race strips

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom