FJ60 Leans After OME Lift Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I get the low mileage truck here and am inspecting and cleaning it. The OME lift kit was installed in May and driven only 3,000ish miles until my acquisition. It has a 2.5 degree lean to the left. A very reputable shop installed the lift kit, but I am puzzled as to how it sits. Looking at the left spring, it appears that it has less "curve" than the right. Could that be? The front is also leaning about 2.5 degrees. Does not make sense to me if the springs were identical prior to install.

I cannot believe this experienced shop would install different spring rates, so what do you guys with lots of experience think?

EA12BC87-139F-47C4-9279-D9B3F2482EF4.jpeg

B035A8D9-952C-43F9-8EC9-E56AA6CF3E18.jpeg

Pretty common occurrence over the years. Use the search function and many threads will come up explaining the lean and how to correct it.

Look at the spring part number on the rear.

Should be something lIke CS017R or CS004R.

If the last letter of the rear spring is A on both sides then it’s the higher arched version. If it’s B it’s the lower arched version. If A on one side and B on the other, that’s the cause of your unbalanced lift. Shop chose the ‘wrong’ springs.

how heavy was the PO?

just think it sits level with the crown of the road

Thanks for the replies guys. The road crown and photo angle does not show the issue. Parked in the hanger, it is definitely leaning left. Put an angle measurement tool on the back and it measures 2.5 degrees negative left. It is about the same front too. I realize that a measurement tool or the surface you are using might be off, but this I can see plainly without measurement. Getting under the truck and just looking at the springs back and forth, it appears that the left one does not have the same curve diameter that the right one does. Sounds weird, but that is why I am asking. The shop that installed is a very experienced group. I'll look at the A versus B part number. I swear that the curvature of one spring is different than the other, slightly....

Like said, this is pretty common. Mine has the same lean. Try swapping the spring from one side to the other. OME springs also have a tolerance, they're marked either +, O, or -. The + being over spec, the O being at spec and the - being under spec. So, you can check for those as well.

Cruiser Outfitter has a very good FAQ section in regard the OME springs that can be found here Cruiser Outfitters

X2 on looking at Cruiser Outfitters' FAQ section. It has a lot of good info. The "cruiser lean" is a very common issue and Cruiser Outfitters will usually ship a + spec rear spring for installation on the driver's side. I have also found that you need to give the springs some time to settle in and things can change. Try putting some weight in the rear (at least a few hundred pounds) and driving it for a few months before you do anything. I still have one with a slight lean and over time I have honestly just gotten over it.

Thanks for that FAQ section from Cruiser Outfitters. I'll see if I can determine what springs are on the left and right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom