FJ60 Intake / Carb replacement opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

overlandmachines

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rk45.org
My 87 came with dual pane Offenhauser intake (4 barrel) and a Weber 32/36 with a complex and weird stack of adapters in between. I have rebuilt 32/36 but still runs like junk. From all I read on forum 32/36 is too small for 2F, and there is a variety of opinions about Offy. I have an 85 stock and it even with all the vacuum mess it runs better. What do you guys think is the best option to do intake/ Carb - wise? Will Holley Sniper work on Offy or it's better to convert back to stock 2 barrel intake manifold with desmogged carb or Sniper?

Is this what your manifold looks like? If so, you could just bolt on a four barrel Sniper. It would be overkill, but would modulate itself down and work great.

CD3532EB-0DE8-4C6A-AA4D-D8A1A1C030C3.jpeg

Full disclosure: I’m a big fan of the Sniper. I also sell them, so keep me in mind if you go that route.

Is this what your manifold looks like? If so, you could just bolt on a four barrel Sniper. It would be overkill, but would modulate itself down and work great.

View attachment 2085436

Full disclosure: I’m a big fan of the Sniper. I also sell them, so keep me in mind if you go that route.

Thanks for your reply. My manifold says DUAL PORT . Will stock manifold + 2bbl Sniper work any better than 4bbl Sniper + Offy?

Last edited:
go back stock, intake and a Mark A carb, nice, and simple.

Thanks for your reply. My manifold says DUAL PORT . Will stock manifold + 2bbl Sniper work any better than 4bbl Sniper + Offy?

In theory, the dual port should be an improvement if the butterflies/ & injectors are set up in a primary/secondary arrangement. I don’t know how the Sniper injectors are staged.

I’m not sure you’d really see a difference in a stock-spec 2F. One that’s been hopped up, maybe.

56CB2925-4B65-4D09-A0EF-CACBF11160C2.jpeg

Cameron, I apologize, I looked at my manifold and it is actually C-Series. I have a question about 4bbl Sniper. As I understand there is some sort of a minimal HP on these units? 200HP?

I would suggest calling Holley and talking to them about the 4bbl sniper kits. Its entirely possible that the 4 bbl sniper is incapable to reducing fuel delivery enough to work with the 2F.

I would suggest calling Holley and talking to them about the 4bbl sniper kits. Its entirely possible that the 4 bbl sniper is incapable to reducing fuel delivery enough to work with the 2F.
Contacted Holley. Waiting for reply. Will let you guys know. This is promising though: 2f fuel injection links

DNT fully understand your situation, jus here to say, I absolutely LOVE my Sniper!! I also added headers. My rig has started on first turn of the key EVERY TIME...without hitting the gas. Life changing hassle free 😂🤣😂😅😅 Runs smooth at 3 different altitudes...another blessing for me. The last hurdle is COLD weather starting....if that happens hitch free...it'll be the greatest thing evah!!!!

Best of luck!!

So Holley support got back to me and said: "The minimum horsepower the 4 barrel will support is 200 if you make less than that you need to get the 2 barrel" hence I will be getting a 2300 2 bbl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom