FJ60 in salvage yard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just an FYI,
I stumbled on a 60 in a salvage yard. Looked like many usable items for those with 60's. I noticed the OME Nitro shocks, so possibly a leaf spring lift on it too. radiator looked pretty new too. It looked pretty complete.
I have no affiliation with the place, just in their looking for an extra spare rim.
Good luck:cheers:

Just Truck & Van
2240 South 35th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
(602) 243-6002 ‎ · justtruckandvan.com

A gray one? If so, was at the pick & pull for a couple of days, CB was still turned on. It had a cheapo winch, home fab roof rack, OME lift, etc.

How much of a lift? Now that I have bull bar on 62 maybe it's time to think about a lift again.

A gray one? If so, was at the pick & pull for a couple of days, CB was still turned on. It had a cheapo winch, home fab roof rack, OME lift, etc.

Yeah, that's the one. The CB was still installed when I was there too.

How much of a lift? Now that I have bull bar on 62 maybe it's time to think about a lift again.

I couldn't tell because the wheels were off and it was off the ground being supported at the frame, so the suspension was free to droop.

Hows the DS sheet metal?

In case anyone was going to look at the lift, I just got back from pulling it. It'll be on my truck soon, I just have to get some odds and ends.

Congrats on pulling the springs without getting squashed! When I was there on Sunday to get an A/C vent it looked pretty unstable.

langsen-albums-salvage-picture23428-fj60-salvage-yard-phoenix.jpg

Somebody had been working on the front passenger spring but gave up after loosening a couple bolts. Looked like most of the zerk fittings on the spring pins had been knocked off, otherwise an awesome find. OME heavy, I think. What did they end up charging you for it?

Hows the DS sheet metal?

The whole thing's been repainted; was originally blue. From what I saw (stripped screw heads, rusted bolts, Great Stuff foam in the rear quarters, drywall anchor holding the front grille on, etc.) who knows what the body work under that paint is like. I'd look elsewhere first.

There's an FJ62 at a yard in Prescott that's pretty picked over but the body panels looked good last week.

Finders fee?????

In case anyone was going to look at the lift, I just got back from pulling it. It'll be on my truck soon, I just have to get some odds and ends.

Glad someone here got it.:beer:

seriously though, you are going to have to post the before and after shots.:clap:

DUDE! Glad you got your lift finally - what a deal!

your 60 is coming together nicely.

The only problem....new lift = wanting larger tires.:D

I see 33's in your future :hmm:

now to get mine back on the road...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom