Fj60 Heater Core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kev60

TLCA Member:23722
Threads
I am about to dive into replacing my heater core and was wondering if anyone has ordered the heater core from JT outfitters? Its the only place that I can even find a new one so if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Also what other parts should I have before I start tearing about my dash. Thanks for any advice.

I had mine cleaned, tested and pipes soldered at a local radiator shop for around $30. Worth looking into as an option

I had mine cleaned, tested and pipes soldered at a local radiator shop for around $30. Worth looking into as an option
How bad was your leaking before you took it out, or what where your symptoms for taking it out?

@red66toy did you have them do that while it was out I assume?
Definitely!
How bad was your leaking before you took it out, or what where your symptoms for taking it out?
It wasn't leaking at all in fact. It was part of a massive case of "while I am in there" which started as redoing the AC system to redoing the entire HVAC system (new foam seals at joints and on the blend doors as well as a thorough cleaning). Its no fun at all to get at the heater core, so while I had the assembly out for other projects, it made sense to have the core checked out and the o-rings eliminated to reduce the chance of future failure. I don't want to take the system apart again anytime soon ;)

I ordered one from JCWhitney last year and they sent the wrong one - I think one for a 40 series. RockAuto also sent the wrong one. Then I ordered one off Ebay from Radsus and it was the correct heater core and in good shape. Here is a link. You will also want the O-rings that they use to make the seal, PN: 96711-19016. I doubled them up and used 2 on each pipe, been working great for a year.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info @Dodobo some good stuff in there. May just pick up one of those cores just to have as I am not sure that mine is any good.

I ordered one from JCWhitney last year and they sent the wrong one - I think one for a 40 series. RockAuto also sent the wrong one. Then I ordered one off Ebay from Radsus and it was the correct heater core and in good shape. Here is a link. You will also want the O-rings that they use to make the seal, PN: 96711-19016. I doubled them up and used 2 on each pipe, been working great for a year.
Thanks for the info man! Looks like I will try out eBay! Did you get yours soldered also?

Thanks for the info man! Looks like I will try out eBay! Did you get yours soldered also?
Nope, didn't get it soldered just pressed it together with double the O-rings and reused the original crimps that wrap around the flanges of the pipe that goes through the firewall and the pipe on the heater core. (I never could find the part numbers of the crimps so not sure how to go about getting new ones.)

@kev60 I Ordered one from JT outfitters...they took a month, calling me every week or so letting me know that they were trying to get it, but not having luckl, I finally called and canceled and the guy let me know that they couldn't get it, and 2wks later...haha ..they refunded my money.

Purchased a good shape used one on line...digging into this winter when it cools down in AZ. Post how it goes! I will probably keep the old one and fix it for a repair on my daughter's 60 down the road.

I had the same thing happen. Had to call multiple times and hound him to get my money back over months.

I'm going to for the ebay link, thanks @Dodobo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom