Fj60 headlight washer tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone come up with an aftermarket design for the fj60 headlight washer reservoir ? Has anyone ever taken their original off and had the brittle plastic fixed or fiberglassed ?

The best design is tossing that waste of space in the trash (IMO) :)
I was just looking at your estranged brothers old posts, the bumper seems to have went missing also. 🤣

Yes while "he" was working on it (RIP) he took off the bumper for awhile - so there's some pics posted around here somewhere with the cruiser bumper-less.

I can't do that, the amount of bad drivers without insurance is astronomical here in TX. The ARB may one day save my truck.

Has anyone come up with an aftermarket design for the fj60 headlight washer reservoir ? Has anyone ever taken their original off and had the brittle plastic fixed or fiberglassed ?

or you could buy a good used one from some guy in MT

Why hasn’t the Landcruiser aftermaket companies come up with a 3D printer design or someone make it out of aluminum or plastic that fits the stock mounting holes in the hood? Everytime we see one go on the market that does not have a crack on it it sells in 5 minutes. There is a need for them, every other tank has been repoduced or has not run out of stock from Toyota yet. Sorry for the rant.

Because the problem with the headlight washer system doesn't end with the cracking tank. There's check valves down near the squirters that are NLA also, that also fail, so replacing a crumbling tank often is only a temporary band-aid until the check valves go belly up. Without functioning check valves, the water will continue to dribble out via siphon after the pump shuts off.

I ordered a new OE check valve about a year ago. Several sources show stock.
85031-30020

s-l300.jpg

So it is So it is. - but it wasn't a few years ago. I scoured everywhere trying to find them. Whoever likes their headlight washers, better buy two of those check valves now ( at $40 ea.) cuz sure as the sun will set today, they won't be available that much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom