Fj60 h55f T-Case Slop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com
1984-Fj60 with H55f that came off of a BJ60, rebuilt the Transmission to give it the correct input shaft so it would fit in my 2F block.

My split transfer-case has a vacuum powered 4WD switch. When I rebuilt the H55F I only bought a rebuild kit for the transmission and not the transfer-case. When I reinstalled the transfer-case with its original bearings there was no slop in the output flanges. Today I have some pretty bad slop in the rear output flange that moves up-down-left-right-in-out. all the bad movements that nobody wants in a bearing. My question is how do I go about choosing the right shim without doing any guess work, and where do I buy the shims to remedy this issue. I do have a rebuild kit for the transfer-case waiting to be installed when I fix this issue. Thanks

Page TF-30 in the factory Chassis and Body manual provides guidance (disregard the red arrow in the attached picture.

Basically choosing the right size shim is guesswork. Toyota has them for sale.

image.jpeg

Page TF-30 in the factory Chassis and Body manual provides guidance (disregard the red arrow in the attached picture.

Basically choosing the right size shim is guesswork. Toyota has them for sale.

View attachment 2288956

I guess finding a close enough shim with different torques is the way to go. I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom