Fj60 h42 synchronizer specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cruiser gurus! I need some help... I am rebuilding my 1984 fj60 h42 4 speed and I checked the tolerances on the synchronizer assy for second gear and it's off by .15 mil. I took it upon. Myself to order a new assembly. It arrived and I checked its tolerances and it is off by 3 mil. Manual states minimum distance to be 38 mil. Is this a known issue? Am I splitting hairs? Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

God Bless,
Brian

I thought Toyota discontinued all the parts for the 4 speed a long time ago.
If your new parts are not genuine Toyota parts, it's almost guaranteed that third party replacement components will not be exactly the same.

The No.1 synchro assembly is still offered. I got the part no. Off Toyota Parts Deal. Came in an toyota box with part no. Sticker.

The synchronizer rings in that link to fjparts.com are for 3rd gear.

Part no. 33306-36020 is the synchronizer assembly for 1st and 2nd gear.
33306-36020 - Genuine Toyota RING SUB-ASSY, SYNCHRONIZER
Says that part was replaced by 33306-60010, which I ordered, but tolerances are quite different. 3 mil difference seems to be a lot. I honestly just want to get this rebuild right, and not have to go back in for at least another 150k miles.
Thanks for the input, though. I truly appreciate it.

Jeeebus ! $610 !

Just get an H41 tested/resealed/used from SOR !

Honestly, 60-series H42 Trans are given away 'cuz there's no market for them.. Ask in classifieds if there's somebody near you with a good running one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom