FJ60 fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
One of the the 30 fj60 fuel tanks in North America...(According to Onur not the last, it's not discontinued)

IMG_20200917_174223.jpg

Aquired through the brute force method of throwing my credit card at it.... Sigh

But i had a month's long painful slog on my 80 pickup fighting a crappy fuel system... Before I found a fuel tank that fits I could get new...

Then it was fixed in a couple. Hours..

Trying to apply my lesson here, if at a higher price

Last edited:
There was a fuel tank recall on the fj60 in the 90’s. Some folks on here figured out a way to get the fj62 tanks installed according to the recall notice requirements.

Great, now some clown will prolly by the other 29 speculatively to keep his rolls of toilet paper company

Wasn’t there info out there that dealers were not allowed to sell the, over the counter? They can only be obtained to do a recall?

One of the reasons I went ahead and bought it, was i thought
it wouldn't be available over the counter much longer.

One of the the 30 fj60 fuel tanks in North America...(According to Onur not the last, it's not discontinued)

View attachment 2438601

Aquired through the brute force method of throwing my credit card at it.... Sigh

But i had a month's long painful slog on my 80 pickup fighting a crappy fuel system... Before I found a fuel tank that fits I could get new...

Then it was fixed in a couple. Hours..

Trying to apply my lesson here, if at a higher price
Did you install this FJ60 tank into an FJ62? Is that hard to do? or advisable? Thanks.. -J.

Did you install this FJ60 tank into an FJ62? Is that hard to do? or advisable? Thanks.. -J.

the dimensions of the tank are the same, but the 62 tank uses a fuel pump assembly bracket versus the pickup tube assembly for a 60 tank.
the holes are different in the top of the tank
you could possibly use a 60 tank but then you'd need to run a new external fuel pump and associated
or find a good used 62 tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom