FJ60 Fuel Pump/Tail light & Dash light HELP !! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 85 FJ60 and have several problems.
First is the tail lights.Tail lights blow fuse as soon as turned on and I also have no dash lights.I have t/sigs,headlights,4ways,high beams,all gauges work but no tail lights.I disconnected the wire harness at the rear,and also by the fuse box and still blow fuse.I have changed t/sig switch and bulbs and still no lights.
Second is the fuel line.I have "messed" w/the carb to get it running smooth due to stalling when let off the gas.Had it running great and then it died,sat (on back road) for a few minutes choke/pump pedal for awhile and then it finally started again to get it back home.Now it will not start and there is no fuel ever in the carb window.Carb is rebuilt,starts with starting fluid (until is it gone) and then dies.Can a pump just die? Also,there was no filter at all when I got this cruiser but now has one.A few days before all this it was running very nice.The was an inline electrical pump on it but it was not connected electrically (so I removed it).
Lost with the lights and all.Any help would be great TIA.

I have had the same problem with the lights. Culprit was a bare wire from an aftermarket stereo installation that kept shorting out. I approached the problem by pulling all the bulbs that were involved and then installed them one by one until I had isolated the problem area.

does it have a trailer light set up off the rear bumper?
Also your tail lights are in junction with your dash at the fuse. when your dash light go.... that means your tails do too. check for open wires as well as any and all trailer light hook ups...

Yes a fuel pump can just die...also it can leak into the engine if the Diaphram is torn, so check the oil for fuel . Pull the fuel line from the carb & crank ..it should pump fuel out the line..no filter is not a good thing, grit can ruin a fuel pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom