FJ60 fuel hose question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d like to replace the soft fuel lines under the hood of my fj60. Wondering if there’s any reason they both curve down like a p-trap and if I should recreate that or if I can just route them more directly to the fuel pump? Bonus points for anyone who knows the size of the fuel line of the top of their head. Thanks!

Last edited:
3/8” fuel hose fits.
Follow the original routing & length because you know Toyota had numerous product development meetings discussing the ideal length and routing of the fuel line (probably).

Having extra length in the fuel line makes swapping a filter easier. Also extra length gives you the option to trim off the end if it started cracking to get a better part of the hose around the fuel filter pipe - if necessary 20 years from now.

3/8” fuel hose fits.
Follow the original routing & length because you know Toyota had numerous product development meetings discussing the ideal length and routing of the fuel line (probably).

Having extra length in the fuel line makes swapping a filter easier. Also extra length gives you the option to trim off the end if it started cracking to get a better part of the hose around the fuel filter pipe - if necessary 20 years from now.
I'll go ahead and follow the original routing, thats a good point about the usefulness of some extra length. When searching the fuel hose size on here I see most people mention the fuel hose being 5/16". Is there more than one size fuel line under the hood or do 5/16" and 3/8" both work the same as I assume the original size was in mm and is in between those two sizes?

5/16 is correct

Reactions: OSS
i have OEM TOYOTA JAPAN Spec Fuel hose 8mm ID in 8" foot rolls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom