FJ60 Fuel filter question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced an old fuel filter that is located by the rear fuel tank with one from Cruiser Corps. (See photo) before was running fine, now vehicle won’t start. There is fuel in the filter (both rear and in filter toward fuel pump) Do I need to use a different fuel filter? Air pocket? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

4CE2DBF4-F790-4F59-8A82-4637DE8FC4CA.png

The FJ60 only had one fuel filter - in the engine compartment.
If the fuel pump is working correctly, it can suck air until it gets fuel (It can pump air). So if the pump is good it'll purge the fuel line of air.

Is there fuel in the sight glass in the carb??

I replaced an old fuel filter that is located by the rear fuel tank with one from Cruiser Corps. (See photo) before was running fine, now vehicle won’t start. There is fuel in the filter (both rear and in filter toward fuel pump) Do I need to use a different fuel filter? Air pocket? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

View attachment 2505761

Did you install 2 new EFI type clamps along with the new oem toyota genuine parts filter element ?

if not you could be sucking air ........?

1606536084801.jpeg

I replaced the fuel filter in the engine bay (I think on replacement of the rear one it might have threw some debris into the front one). After that it worked fine!

Check the fuel hoses at the tank. Could be cracked and sucking air or leaking on return.

Hi, If someone put two filters on, that tank maybe rusty. I’d check the back filter often. Mike

Hi Toyota Matt- What size clamps are these?

clamps depend on the hose O.D. .... ?

NAPA EFI clamps are the BOMB

no hose pinch ...

DSCN2869.JPG
DSCN2870.JPG
IMG_8418.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom