FJ60 Frame back from paint... questions about torque for shock and transmission mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i got my FJ60 frame back from paint, and its going together nicely. I will include some pics for yall to look at . Can somebody give me an idea of how much torque to put on the locking nut that mounts the top of the front shocks? It doesn't take much to get tight on those bushings. next question is regarding motor and transmission mounts. Is there is correct torque value for those? I'm ready to get the giant motor/transmission/transfer case where it belongs.

On a side note, I did order carpet from dnp as the forum has highly recommended. Good service and I expect it will be high quality.

Enjoy the pics.

frame0.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

Maybe there's a specific torque spec for the engine mounts but I've never found them. If you use a 1/2" ratchet and tighten "good", (without using an extension) you'll be fine. Or if you want to get particular, there's standard bolt torque specs in the back of the engine manual.

Using a torque wrench can be hazardous- the handle is so long that it's very easy to over tighten a fastener with no feedback if the wench is set incorrectly for that fastener.

The body manual does have the torque specs for the transmission mounts.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom