FJ60/FJ62 Hatch Differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishTown

TLCA Member #29560
Threads
Is there anyway to tell a 60 and 62 hatch apart? I came across a replacement hatch for my white 60 online. I need to figure out if it’s 033 or 045 white as they are different shades between the 60 and 62. The seller isn’t sure what it came off of.

most 62's had the electric lock, not all of them but most did, if that is still there, that would be a give away.
there were poverty pack 62's that were manual, just like a 60, so it is not a foolproof way to tell.
other than that I don't know.

Poverty pack! Lol hadn’t heard that.

So my 60 with manual windows and locks was state of the art in 86, and two years later in 88 it was the poverty pack!

Poverty pack! Lol hadn’t heard that.

So my 60 with manual windows and locks was state of the art in 86, and two years later in 88 it was the poverty pack!
I’ve got a poverty pack ‘62. My upper and lower lift gates were not salvageable due to rust. The upper I used was from a ‘62 (it came only as the shell). I moved all of the hardware from my existing lift gate to the donor. Worked like a charm.

lower gate was from a ‘60, I believe. Only the shell. Moved everything from my trashed gate to the donor. Everything worked perfectly.

most 62's had the electric lock, not all of them but most did, if that is still there, that would be a give away.
there were poverty pack 62's that were manual, just like a 60, so it is not a foolproof way to tell.
other than that I don't know.
Haha duh. I hadn't had enough coffee this morning. Don't know why I didn't think about the power lock motor. Thanks!

I don’t think manual 62s were optioned that way. I thought it was just the early transition period trucks.

I don’t think manual 62s were optioned that way. I thought it was just the early transition period trucks.
Mine’s a Nov. ‘87 model. Fairly early ‘62. It’s closer in trim spec to the all manual 60’s, I think. My truck is manual everything.., except the transmission :confused:. One day, when my auto groans it’s last, or if I can stand it anymore, I’ll remedy that! For now she’s a real pig, but I still love the old girl

they were optioned that way, a few years ago I parted a US spec 1989 62 series, that had manual windows, mirrors and door locks

- 8/80- 9/87 FJ60LG-KA USA-Spec. Rear hatch Push Button Lock Assy.

- Take NOTE the Steel Metal Bush Pin that extends out contacts the Bell crank PAWL or Bel-crank that Pivots on rear of housing , when you depress

the outside UN-LOCKed first push
button ..............

- wait till u see what toyota pulled off and got away with for the 62 ........... :confused:

IMG_E0730.JPG

IMG_E0735.JPG

IMG_E0739.JPG

ASPTGATELOCKB30145TOYOTALCRUISER60SERIES8190-500x5001 - Copy.jpg

- 10/87- 1/90 FJ62-PNEA USA-Spec. Rear hatch Push Button Lock Assy. ( POWER Actuated type )

- Take NOTE the
CHEEZY White NYLON PLASTIC and C-CLIP detail , push Pin that extends out contacts the Bell crank PAWL or Bel-crank that Pivots on rear of

housing , when you depress

the outside UN-LOCKed first push button ..............

16221916309281.png

Cylinder 01 - Hatch Hole.jpg

Cylinder 02 - Inside Hatch 01.jpg

Cylinder 04 - Hatch Cylinder.jpg

Cylinder 03 - Inside Hatch 023.jpg

1622199200907.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom