fj60 factory vacuum hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4him.com
I heard a roumor from a friend that there is a factory part # for all the vacuum hoses cut to legenth and numbered for around $50. He said search ih8mud. Well been searching for a while and have found some great info but nothing on factory vacuum hose part #'s. I work for toyota and don't want to buy a whole spool of hose and like the idea of cut to legenth and numberd. Thanks for any help.

I heard a roumor from a friend that there is a factory part # for all the vacuum hoses cut to legenth and numbered for around $50. He said search ih8mud. Well been searching for a while and have found some great info but nothing on factory vacuum hose part #'s. I work for toyota and don't want to buy a whole spool of hose and like the idea of cut to legenth and numberd. Thanks for any help.

You heard wrong.

You can buy a 3 foot length of vacuum hose for about $12 or 1 foot sections for $1 each. The shorter stuff is a much better deal. I think I used 10 short sections and maybe 2 long sections to re-do my FJ60. You only need the long section for th carb to distributor hose. Everything else can be made from the short sections.

There is also some nice silicone hose from McMaster-Carr that a lot of guys have used with good results.

X2 on the mCMaster. This stuff is great. If I remember correctly it did not cost more than 40 or 50 $. It seems pretty damn sturdy and I have seen on deteriation and I've removed these hoses numerous times for various jobs over the past 2 or 3 years. Good luck

Patrick

aftermarket stuf is ok but I like the looks of the oe stuf. thanks weak-link for that thread. I orderd all 15 peices out of the san franscio wherehouse today and that should cover most of my toyotas (5 from the 80's). Dont worry though as they are probley still getting this stuff and are still using the same type of hose on the new cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom