FJ60 engine mount bracket location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to locate where the passenger side frame bracket should be located on the frame. The driver side had enough left I could get it located correctly, the passenger side just had welding scab left so I'm trying to get it located correctly. I have found some frame dimensions that show measurements but most would only help if I had a bare frame. I did find the measurement from the front body mount to the rear edge of the PS frame bracket but that's hard to get a good measurement as well. There is a hole in the top of the frame on the firewall side of where the bracket goes. maybe someone could help out with a measurement from center of that to center of the bracket? Other ideas are welcome. I plan on tacking these in, then bolting my 2F into the bell housing to verify fit before I weld them in for good. If nothing else I can just place that bracket then. Thx in advance for any ideas.

tempImageiwQkgP.png

tempImageZzUZTK.png

I don't have a measurement for you but I did find a picture to get a lay of the land.
But the bracket has to be within 1/16" of perfect for the motor mount to align with the engine brackets
image.jpeg

Thx for the pic, I will probably just put the engine in and locate that bracket from there.

IIRCC it should be directly across from the driver side mount,

When I look at this diagram it appears that it is slightly forward. If my placement of the DS is correct? I think its right, and then get a square on the frame? I could then get a measurement to correctly place the PS. If OSS is correct about the 1/16 inch leeway I'll probably just wait to put the motor in and place it. My thought being that if its bolted to the tranny, and the DS is spot on, wherever the PS ends up has to be right..

fj60 frame dimensions.JPG

OK, the center of the PS mount is 34.6 mm (1.36 in) forward of the DS. I will square the DS and measure off that and call it good. Guess I'll find out one way or another. I'll just tack them in for the test fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom