Fj60 Distributor vacuum advance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That one is missing the piece that anchors to the diz housing too.

ECF29400-2E25-4624-B449-C28D9ADD6AAD.jpeg

I’ll add a pix of the p/n. But doubt you’ll find one. Nearly non existent.

image.jpg

That's a huge help. How do I confirm if I have the right one when I find it?
I actually have found a few complete dizzy's on-line (ebay) from bone yards. I bought a complete dizzy for $80 with a working vacuum advance. You just have to make sure they test BOTH ports. Cruiser parts.net also sells complete dizzy's for $250. I know that is expensive, but since we live in Cali., it's the price of admission.:frown:

I actually have found a few complete dizzy's on-line (ebay) from bone yards. I bought a complete dizzy for $80 with a working vacuum advance. You just have to make sure they test BOTH ports. Cruiser parts.net also sells complete dizzy's for $250. I know that is expensive, but since we live in Cali., it's the price of admission.:frown:
Or the price of "emission"

Idk about that straight one. I was asking you. Looks like it has a clamp sorta attachment on the side of it. Does it come off so the shaft could be passed thru the side of the pot then reattached once through?
Those are from a parts finder who is tasked with trying to find me the part for smog requirements. I don't know much about either I am afraid

Looks like cruiser parts is my best bet. May choke on it and buy two.

Looks like cruiser parts is my best bet. May choke on it and buy two.
There is also CityRacer who has OEMs and honestly with the reports from people about cruiserparts (i think that is who it is) I would rather go with CityRacer.

I have to agree. I’m not sure I’d trust that one was really tested accurately by them either. I bought a used VCV from them that was bunk. They did replace it for free but still...

Hey Sacfj60- where did you find that one, do you have a part number? and did you get it to work? I think I could tig weld an extension on that one and make it work in a FJ60.
I don't think I ever found one. If I remember correctly (it's been a while) I did not need it after all. I'll jog my memory for more info. I am currently embroiled in more smog fun with other parts. Never ends

Well sure, I just desmogged my 1985 FJ60 and it runs like a bat outa hell, but I do have a non functional vacuum advance. I can do tiny welds with a tig welder, I thought I might modify an advancer for another car. Let me know if youve got questions on the desmog, since ive been studying the situation for a while.

No idea about a substitute... Be nice if somebody found a single diaphragm advancer that worked.
Working on it (my Post #44):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom