FJ60 clutch replacement ???'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to replace the clutch in my 1984 FJ60 and I was set to use stock Toyota parts as I have had very good luck with them. They seem well made...like my Cruiser. However on a lot of the Cruiser websites and on-line store they advertise 'centerforce this ' and 'heavy duty that' and I am wondering if that route is advisable. No rock crawlin' work for my 60, just some mud, snow, sand and trail ruts to navigate. Would you folks care to comment on what you would recommend for my 60? Also I assume pilot bearing, throw-out, rear engine seal need to be replaced as well....thanks.

I would stick with the stock clutch setup.I don't know of any good reasons to go with a aftermarket clutch but then again I have never had one. The stock clutch gets the job done ..why change it...

goodluck

Last edited:
I used a clutch kit from SOR, cant remember which one but it was all stock parts except the clutch disc I chose was a heavier one than stock, talk to them. I think they carry several clutch disc options, the price was OK and the quality was excellent

Bruin

I used the centerforce, on the recommendation of Charley at Chimney Canyon 4x4 in SD. If I recall, it was a bit cheaper than the toyota.... hmm.

anyway. have had NO issues with it whatsoever....

I just replaced the clutch on my '84 60 also. The clutch was the original clutch and lasted for all of 279,000 miles. I replaced it with an OEM clutch also. I don't see any reason whatsoever to put in an aftermarket clutch unless you plan on building your Cruiser. If you just use it for transportation and light offroading, go OEM. That is one solid clutch.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply. Think I will stick with the stock Toyota clutch......have a great spring Cruisin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom