FJ60 Carpeting. Other options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
POST EDIT 3/16/21- I am revising this post because I had some information in there that was taken the wrong way. I did not intend to disparage a vendor, but was only looking for clarification.
I was in the market to purchase carpting for my 84 FJ60. I purchased from @dnp and I am sure the quality of the carpet is fine. I have not yet opened the box. It was delivered within days of my order.

Last edited:
Just because someone is a sponsored vendor on here, does not mean you are always getting the best deal.

It's a bit of a jerk move to throw shade in a new thread when you haven't actually compared the two carpet kits. Search the forum for "stockinteriors.com" and you'll find some comparisons that indicate why @dnp's kit is better. If you read his threads you'll see that he put a lot of work into getting his kits fabricated and that he's not trying to get rich off of them.

"Thanks for the kind words, and I worked as hard as I could to keep the price as low as a few hundred dollars less than other carpet I don't see as being as nice and "correct" as this. We'll see if others agree.......I'm just a Land Cruiser nut like the rest on here. I'm not trying to get rich off the buyers, I just want to add what I can to the hobby and to do my small part to help keep these trucks desirable for as long as possible."

Also, this site would not exist if everyone was always focused on getting the best possible deal. There's an absolute wealth of information and experience documented here that is entirely free to access. There are cases of people trying to take advantage of the community for personal gain but @dnp is not one of them.

I’d rather pay him extra to support a mud member.

It's a bit of a jerk move to throw shade in a new thread when you haven't actually compared the two carpet kits. Search the forum for "stockinteriors.com" and you'll find some comparisons that indicate why @dnp's kit is better. If you read his threads you'll see that he put a lot of work into getting his kits fabricated and that he's not trying to get rich off of them.

"Thanks for the kind words, and I worked as hard as I could to keep the price as low as a few hundred dollars less than other carpet I don't see as being as nice and "correct" as this. We'll see if others agree.......I'm just a Land Cruiser nut like the rest on here. I'm not trying to get rich off the buyers, I just want to add what I can to the hobby and to do my small part to help keep these trucks desirable for as long as possible."

Also, this site would not exist if everyone was always focused on getting the best possible deal. There's an absolute wealth of information and experience documented here that is entirely free to access. There are cases of people trying to take advantage of the community for personal gain but @dnp is not one of them.
Thanks to both of you guys for the kind words.

As of 2017, there was a total void in a "correct" carpet set available for the 6x trucks. There were others out there, but they weren't molded, the carpet material didn't look like OEM.....it just didn't look right to me, and to top it off, it was expensive! Therefore, I set out to do the best I could to provide the best quality carpet available at a price - one that turned out to be about 90% cheaper than OEM (if it were even still available!) From the time I initiated the project, I've sold hundreds of sets of carpet, and the OP is the FIRST - NUMERO UNO - to complain about the price!........but here's the real rub: He and I communicated about his interest in my carpet in a PM, beginning in January of this year, and in the THIRD post in that PM, I told him (and this is a copied quote from that PM) "I will go ahead and inform you now that I won't be as cheap as Stock Interiors. I worked for several months to first, convince the mfr. that there was an unserved market for 6x carpet, and second to develop the carpet (which including round-trip shipping of two actual trucks to them - at my expense - to make sure the final product was as close to "correct" as possible)........................." And there was plenty more.

One thing that I've always loved, and quite frankly, found pretty amazing about the Land Cruiser community is the fact that there are VERY few guys like the OP in in our community! I mean, for a guy to know in advance he could buy it cheaper somewhere else, then to buy from me, and then to persist with me / complain about pricing.........I gotta say, I just don't get it. It's not like he wasn't aware! Otherwise, the discussion about SI never would have come up on 1-24-2021 (Now, quite frankly, I've heard several complaints about the carpet Stock Interior sells, so I have to believe my 100% satisfaction rate indicates they must be selling a different level - maybe 2nds - of the carpet than I do, but that's a guess.)

Also, I hope the SI customers like the specific-to-6x installation guide they provide (Oh wait, that's not them, that's ME!)

I could go on and on, but people are free to buy from whomever they want. Based on the time and effort and money I have invested in initiating the whole project, I'm not going to be as cheap as some of the others. That being said, talk to ANY of the people who have purchased from me, and they'll tell you I stand behind my carpet ONE HUNDRED PERECENT! If you have a problem, it WILL be taken care of, by ME! AND, you get the benefit of a comprehensive installation guide that others don't provide. When you install for the first time, believe me, it's worth it!

And to the OP (I'll refrain from any deserved ad hominem comments), you know good and well I responded to every PM you sent. I'm sorry you see my 4 hour delay in responding to your question as "yet to hear back from" me. That says pretty much what anyone needs to know. Oh, and by your own admission, I'm sorry your carpet reached you much faster than expected. Sucks when that happens.

Thanks to the Land Cruiser community for your continued support, and I promise to continue fully-backing all of my products. Without reservation.
David

Last edited:
@dnp I am don't remember discussing Stock interiors, but I believe you. I will edit my original post because I can't delete it. If there is a way to do it, let me know.
I have not questioned the quality of your product, I was just looking for an answer to the question I sent you on Fri and again yesterday via PM.

Thanks to both of you guys for the kind words.

As of 2017, there was a total void in a "correct" carpet set available for the 6x trucks. There were others out there, but they weren't molded, the carpet material didn't look like OEM.....it just didn't look right to me, and to top it off, it was expensive! Therefore, I set out to do the best I could to provide the best quality carpet available at a price - one that turned out to be about 90% cheaper than OEM (if it were even still available!) From the time I initiated the project, I've sold hundreds of sets of carpet, and the OP is the FIRST - NUMERO UNO - to complain about the price!........but here's the real rub: He and I communicated about his interest in my carpet in a PM, beginning in January of this year, and in the THIRD post in that PM, I told him (and this is a copied quote from that PM) "I will go ahead and inform you now that I won't be as cheap as Stock Interiors. I worked for several months to first, convince the mfr. that there was an unserved market for 6x carpet, and second to develop the carpet (which including round-trip shipping of two actual trucks to them - at my expense - to make sure the final product was as close to "correct" as possible)........................." And there was plenty more.

One thing that I've always loved, and quite frankly, found pretty amazing about the Land Cruiser community is the fact that there are VERY few guys like the OP in in our community! I mean, for a guy to know in advance he could buy it cheaper somewhere else, then to buy from me, and then to persist with me / complain about pricing.........I gotta say, I just don't get it. It's not like he wasn't aware! Otherwise, the discussion about SI never would have come up on 1-24-2021 (Now, quite frankly, I've heard several complaints about the carpet Stock Interior sells, so I have to believe my 100% satisfaction rate indicates they must be selling a different level - maybe 2nds - of the carpet than I do, but that's a guess.)

Also, I hope the SI customers like the specific-to-6x installation guide they provide (Oh wait, that's not them, that's ME!)

I could go on and on, but people are free to buy from whomever they want. Based on the time and effort and money I have invested in initiating the whole project, I'm not going to be as cheap as some of the others. That being said, talk to ANY of the people who have purchased from me, and they'll tell you I stand behind my carpet ONE HUNDRED PERECENT! If you have a problem, it WILL be taken care of, by ME! AND, you get the benefit of a comprehensive installation guide that others don't provide. When you install for the first time, believe me, it's worth it!

And to the OP (I'll refrain from any deserved ad hominem comments), you know good and well I responded to every PM you sent. I'm sorry you see my 4 hour delay in responding to your question as "yet to hear back from" me. That says pretty much what anyone needs to know.

Thanks to the Land Cruiser community for your continued support, and I promise to continue fully-backing all of my products. Without reservation.
David
David, that was a well modulated response. I, for one, really appreciate the effort you went to (as an industrial designer I have considered similar solutions for NLA parts but I’m lazier than you 🙄). And if it wasn’t for my work schedule, I would have ordered and installed your carpet long ago, but I fear it will sit in my garage for months. I hope this summer will finally be the time I follow through on all the back and forth messaging I’ve had with you! My truck really could use the makeover.

One question/comment: I called SI out of curiosity and they said they don’t have a 6X match in grey. They suggested ordering a bunch of their samples and picking the closest one. That’s a bit of a red flag. Their ‘black’ or ‘grey’ may in fact be a match, but I know you worked hard to get it as close to factory as possible, so it simplifies things to know there are only 2 colors from you. Just want to add that to the list of reasons why a $50 premium may be worth it.

David, that was a well modulated response. I, for one, really appreciate the effort you went to (as an industrial designer I have considered similar solutions for NLA parts but I’m lazier than you 🙄). And if it wasn’t for my work schedule, I would have ordered and installed your carpet long ago, but I fear it will sit in my garage for months. I hope this summer will finally be the time I follow through on all the back and forth messaging I’ve had with you! My truck really could use the makeover.

One question/comment: I called SI out of curiosity and they said they don’t have a 6X match in grey. They suggested ordering a bunch of their samples and picking the closest one. That’s a bit of a red flag. Their ‘black’ or ‘grey’ may in fact be a match, but I know you worked hard to get it as close to factory as possible, so it simplifies things to know there are only 2 colors from you. Just want to add that to the list of reasons why a $50 premium may be worth it.
Hey, thanks for the kind words.

Yep, I've got you covered on colors and texture. The mfr. offers a BUNCH of colors and textures, but I've got the "correct" ones for the 60/62. The mfr. already had a brown that was a virtual match to the OEM color, but we had to work out a match for the gray. I think it's a 95% or better match to the OEM color. (It took me a long time to convince the mfr. it was worth the expense to hire their "dye house" to create the gray match. Turns out, Toyota produced the gray interior probably 4:1 vs the brown; therefore, it was a good move on the mfrs. part)

@dnp I am don't remember discussing Stock interiors, but I believe you. I will edit my original post because I can't delete it. If there is a way to do it, let me know.
I have not questioned the quality of your product, I was just looking for an answer to the question I sent you on Fri and again yesterday via PM.
Look below your signature line. There's an option to either edit or delete.

Reactions: dnp
I see Edit but no Delete
Good enough. Thanks.

By the way, you're going to be blown away at how much better your truck's interior is going to look following installation! The difference is pretty remarkable!

David

Geez Dave, since we are complaining: I hate my nice new, easy to install carpet! Now I have to vacuum it! Before, it didn't matter if the kids spilled their drinks or the dogs went for a swim before rolling in the sand. I dunno which is worse, having to cut out the rust and weld in patches to the foot wells or having to see the contrast of nice carpet paired with old cracked dash and shabby door panels. Anyway, after much deliberation, I decided to just keep it.

Geez Dave, since we are complaining: I hate my nice new, easy to install carpet! Now I have to vacuum it! Before, it didn't matter if the kids spilled their drinks or the dogs went for a swim before rolling in the sand. I dunno which is worse, having to cut out the rust and weld in patches to the foot wells or having to see the contrast of nice carpet paired with old cracked dash and shabby door panels. Anyway, after much deliberation, I decided to just keep it.
HAHA! Yeah, the desire to keep it clean sucks from time to time! Made a HUGE difference, didn't it?

dnp

HAHA! Yeah, the desire to keep it clean sucks from time to time! Made a HUGE difference, didn't it?

dnp
Very much so. Thank you! It wasn't worth cleaning before. It was archaeology cleaning it out.

dnp
Just want to add to the praise already shared. The carpet that I bought from @dnp upgraded the interior of my luck like nothing else! More than worth the investment, and happy to support the stand-up vendors here :beer:

Reactions: dnp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom