Fj60 car cover suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had some body work done and now want to find a way to keep the cruiser somewhat safe from the elements including rain, sun, and snow here in Utah. Unfortunately the wife has claimed the covered spot so the cruiser has to spend some time outside. Looked for forums on decent quality car covers but didn’t come up with much. Any of you have any experience or suggestions? TIA.

For about 6 months I used a friend's car cover to protect my 60 when it was stored outside at the beach. It was for her Jeep Commander and it fit the 60 almost perfect.
Check out California Car Cover.
It was really nice and definitely protected the cruiser. Highly recommended.

I'll second the California car covers. I have a Superweave cover for our '62, as well as our other old cars. They are great for both indoors (dust) and outdoors when we're traveling or the garage is full. They are light, but very weatherproof and breathable. If the cover is wet you can shake the water off to dry, and they can be washed in a regular laundry machine if needed.

Cheap covers often do more harm than good. It's worth it to spend a little extra and get good one.

All car covers, including ones from California Car Cover are made by Covercraft. If you are looking for a budget priced cover I have used several car covers from carcover.com. I use the 5 layer cover (gold)...it's a decent fit but doesn't have mirror pockets. After about 3 years in the elements they start to deteriorate, but there is a lifetime warranty. If you use carcover.com, make sure you create an account to record your purchase. It's much easier to make a warranty claim with the purchase record in your account.

Carcover.com fj60covers

I have purchased numerous inexpensive covers off *Bay that were advertised as multi layer blah blah blah. They lasted about 1 year with the major failure resulting from UV exposure and material breakdown. I purchased this cover from Coverstore in November and can report that the quality is indeed better than the cheaper *Bay $70 covers.

Screenshot_20210725-094954_Gmail.jpg

I’m getting ready to winterize my 60 too.
Are there any other covers that have been tried and tested?
Car and Driver reviews recommend the ezyshade brand.

IMG_4068.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom