FJ60 Camper Style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alrighty,

Looking for an outfit in the US that modifies 60's (or any LC for that matter) to a camper config. I know there are outfits in Europe and New Zealand who do this mod, but haven't seen any us based. Anyone know of any?

I don't know of anyone doing the conversion on a regular basis, but some of the high-end fabricators will do whatever you want, as long as you bring the $$$. You might want to talk to actual RV builders, especially those that do one-off customs. It's going to be expensive.

Overland expeditions are not common in the US and people interested in campers tend to use pickup trucks, hence the lack of businesses dedicated to these conversions.

A few years ago there was a Canadian-based business converting Unimogs to overland campers, but I think I heard they were out of business. Try that for a search.

Finally, you might want to talk to the Turtle Expedition or Earth Roamer folks, they have custom-built 4x4-based campers and a lot of experience, and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck and keep us posted!

There are some pretty sweet roof top tents that might get you part of the way. Urbanlandcruisers and Slee both offer some. Another option to consider is a small trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom