Wanted FJ60 Build In Progress: Parts Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I’m 3 years into my FJ60 Build. Just as some back story, I grew up in FJ’s as a kid; well Land Cruisers and SR5’s.

Anyway, I picked this beauty up about two years ago. She’s an 83 FJ60 wagon with 172K on the dash. Motor, Trans and gear box was strong. The Chassis and frame however, another story.

Like many Classic Toyota’s, my FJ60 (respectfully named Saint Bernard), had some serious rust. The rust in my case was a marriage of over 20 years of weather, and a previous owner who was a salt water fishermen. (🙄 tell me about it).

Here’s what’s been done so far:

New Frame/Chassis from Classic Cruisers (Tell Craig Peter from NYC sent you)

Old Man Emu Lift Kit, Heavy Duty 2.5 inch lift.

New Brakes, Brake Lines, Gas Lines

Bushings, U-Bolts, Shackles and bolts

Clutch

Full Tune-Up

New Alternator

Rebuilt Starter

New Coil

Ran new electric cables and wires

As we are made good progress with the new chassis sandblasted, painted and weather proofed; I now need the following parts:

Need:

Right Side Brake Line
New Body Bushings, 12 in total
Muffler Brackets/ Bushings
Tire Bracket for the undercarriage
Pick Up Distributor Coil
Body Nuts and bolts

I have an aftermarket Holly Carb, it came with the truck... I may get it rebuilt.

I have the stock distributor, but by buddy on IG who suggested this thread; also mentioned getting an aftermarket distributor from Performance Distribution in Detroit.

If you guys have any resources, ideas or the parts I need, I am very interested! She should be done in the spring and I’ll iodate you guys as the build comes along!

Thanks again guys, and remember... these aren’t just trucks, it’s apart of us! #IG @pierrybenjamin

20EADFE4-5D5D-48AE-B032-D3FB7AA56417.jpeg

375D8F8B-EA90-40B3-8E28-A72ACF1A02A8.jpeg

86FBA7CD-0F79-46AE-82FD-86DD7504705A.jpeg

3FDB0323-D7E6-4193-96DF-1B30A757ABE0.jpeg

A3EB84FA-3B86-499A-94F3-7F8C1047B19B.jpeg

You need to hook up with @woytovich . He’s a fellow 60 owner in New York, and a good source for parts as well as a resource in general.

But since his truck is the same color as yours, I wouldn’t turn my back on him when he has a ratchet in his hand! :)

Last edited:
I've got the spare tire carrier crossmember, but not the mechanism. Would need to be sandblasted and painted. Shipping might be prohibitive though, I'm in New Mexico. Yours for $25 plus shipping, let me know.

I've got the spare tire carrier crossmember, but not the mechanism. Would need to be sandblasted and painted. Shipping might be prohibitive though, I'm in New Mexico. Yours for $25 plus shipping, let me know.
Please private message me, I will arrange payment and shipping

You can make body bushings from rubber boat rollers, just cut them to size on a band saw.
That said, I sourced new bushings, botls, nuts for and fj62 from partsouq to use on my 60. It gets pricey but they are nice.
Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom