fj60 body lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone ever body lift a 60 or 62? i've lifted other trucks, but i don't know if there are any hidden "treasures" when lifting a 60. does anyone sell blocks or should i make them? tks!

You joined a week late. lol, we just talked about this last week. . If you want to read the string its on the second page and its called "fitting 33 under a stock 62" or something like that. heres the link to the dude who makes the kits for cheapish.
http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

good luck and welcome.

My experience shows no real hidden problems. I've used the 4crawler kit 4 times...You'll have to flip the lower radiator mounting ears upside down to raise the radiator. Watch things like heater core hoses, and hard brake lines. Haven't had any problems yet with the four we've done here, but as soon as I say it's 100% issue free, you're rig is gonna be the exception. With Roger's 2" kit you can run 33's...with a 2.5 spring lift added to that, 35's are no problem. While I haven't test fitted the 36" swampers off my 40 to the wagon, it looks like a go...

:slap: argh! i can't believe i didn't find the post first. sorry about that. i emailed the guy to find out some more details on what i may run into while adding an inch or three. know what i can get away with?

I'm currently in the process of putting in one of Rogers kits into my 60. I'm only doing a 1", so nothing is really getting in the way.

Now, I have to say that if you live in a climate where rust may be an issue, take a really good look at you body mounts and bushings.

My body lift job has turned from a 1 afternoon project, into at least 5 days of down time. Once I started taking the old mounts off, they completely disintigrated due to rust.

Roger is overnighting a body mount kit to me, so I should be able to throw it in on Wednesday. I'm kicking myself for not buying the body mounts when I bought my lift. Now I'm sitting around waiting for it, and I'm paying to have it overnighted.

Roger is great though. He will answer any questions you may have.

majanrk said:
I'm currently in the process of putting in one of Rogers kits into my 60. I'm only doing a 1", so nothing is really getting in the way.

Now, I have to say that if you live in a climate where rust may be an issue, take a really good look at you body mounts and bushings.

My body lift job has turned from a 1 afternoon project, into at least 5 days of down time. Once I started taking the old mounts off, they completely disintigrated due to rust.

Roger is overnighting a body mount kit to me, so I should be able to throw it in on Wednesday. I'm kicking myself for not buying the body mounts when I bought my lift. Now I'm sitting around waiting for it, and I'm paying to have it overnighted.

Roger is great though. He will answer any questions you may have.

How did you body lift on your 60 workout and what size did you go with? I am thinking about doing the same.

NocalFJ60 said:
How did you body lift on your 60 workout and what size did you go with? I am thinking about doing the same.

wow old thread....

It really worked out great. If I were to do it again, I would have gone with a 1.5 or 2" lift instead of the 1". With the 1" you don't have to worry about anything. No radiator issues, or plumbing etc. I was really looking for more room to fit the 33's I had. I'll bet you know what happened next. We'll it almost looks like I can fit 35's, so what is a guy to do but buy bigger tires :cheers: Then I ended up cutting the fenders and putting in bigger shackles. If I went back I'd go bigger.

BTW, I'm running 2.5" springs with a 1" body lift.

I suggest the body lift all the time. Some people really hate them, not sure why. Probably because all the mall crawlers use them. :princess: . It's really nice when it comes time to do sliders, because you have a lot more room to work with.

Did the new body lift effect the ride? I want to replaces the old stock ones and I figure why not get a little more lift. I really don't need anymore room for bigger tires. I am running 32x11.5 with OME suspension. Looks like I will probably go with the 1" mounts. I just don't like the look of anything higher. I want to do sliders too eventually.

NocalFJ60 said:
Did the new body lift effect the ride? I want to replaces the old stock ones and I figure why not get a little more lift. I really don't need anymore room for bigger tires. I am running 32x11.5 with OME suspension. Looks like I will probably go with the 1" mounts. I just don't like the look of anything higher. I want to do sliders too eventually.

With the new body mounts it rides much better. I don't think the lift pucks would have much of a effect on driveability. The only place you can see the lift is in the rear above the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom