Fj60 background please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, could I please be enlightened on this cruisers history. Bought one recently here in Tanzania. 2f 4 speed (with over drive)
IMG-20210826-WA0021.jpg

If you enter “FJ60RG-K” into a google search you’ll find several websites that have detailed parts lists for that vehicle.
It was a Middle East and “General Spec” and clearly South African RHD cruiser with factory 4 speed transmission. Nothing spectacular about it. Standard model.
I saw a few when I was in Cape Town long ago.

Wow! Those bumpers are AWESOME! I love the rear swing out tire carrier with the factory bumper. Could you show some more pics of that please! Very interesting!
Great truck!
I think that thing will be almost the same as ours here in the states, but probably has some things switched onto the other side in the engine bay and probably uses different temp thermostats for the heat. I’ve read that middle eastern trucks were set up to live in extreme temps. I don’t imagine you have smog equipment either... I wouldn’t imagine they would require such regulations out there in the 80’s.

Wow! Those bumpers are AWESOME! I love the rear swing out tire carrier with the factory bumper. Could you show some more pics of that please! Very interesting!
Great truck!
I think that thing will be almost the same as ours here in the states, but probably has some things switched onto the other side in the engine bay and probably uses different temp thermostats for the heat. I’ve read that middle eastern trucks were set up to live in extreme temps. I don’t imagine you have smog equipment either... I wouldn’t imagine they would require such regulations out there in the 80’s.
We custom made the rear swing carrier ourselves here, as its got a long range 240ltrs fuel tank underneath. Hasn't got the carb vents, tit bits might be different from your models in the states. Yes, there is variation in the thermo and has a bigger radiator.
I've taken the carrier off recently, will post its pics tho. Easy fabrication there.

IMG-20210826-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20210826-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20210826-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20210826-WA0020.jpg

That is a really cool truck! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom