FJ60 Bach Hatch Squeek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
84 FJ60: My back hatch squeeks when going over bumps and rough roads. I know this is probably normal, as I have heard many trucks do this before. However, if there is a simple fix to this problem, I would appreciate the tips. I was thinking about putting adhesive weather stripping where the glass and the tail gate meet. Any other suggestions?

:cheers:

Grease the hinges. One of mine failed recently - the hinge pin was seized to the hinge. Grease might have prevented the failure.

Spring over will fix that every time. :D

I know nobody will think this is funny but...... Are you sure its not a Mozart Hatch squeek?

Get it, BACH, MOZART??

Oh just forget it!

Try adjusting the latch so it holds the hatch tighter, that used to work on my old VW's, might work here. Just loosen the latch a bit and try pushing it out while retightening it.

Anyhow, I have a very annoying squeek coming from the drivers door, it is making me nuts, what can I do to fix it? and where is it coming from, sounds like the bottom edge front is rubbing on something?

Thanks,
Alex

Oh yeah, BUY MY DIESEL TRUCK!!

My daily driver is a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo complete with squeaky glass and rattling tailgates. The stealer tried twice to fix it (under warranty of course), and succeeded only to inconvenience me for about 4-5 hours. I tried to adjust it myself and only got it to not rattle for about a week. So, just by dumb luck I wrapped some vinyl medical tape around the striker latch (the one that looks like a 'U') and voila the rattles and creaks were gone. You have to change the tape every so often as going in and out of the hatch will start to wear it down a bit. But it works and it's quiet.

RB
:)

Mine does that too. I'm convinced it comes from the two little white plastic thingys on either side of where the hatch meets the body. Coating these heavily with a spray lubricate seems to stop it. :banana:

what's the condition of the weatherstripping around the rear hatch area? maybe it has worn down and become so compressed over the years that it created some slop in the fit and closure of the rear hatch...

i know ours was super tight and required a deliberate closing after i replaced the weatherstrip....and much quieter too

my 2¢,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

when my tail gait was sqweeking I found that the latch on the top half was digging into the latch part on the lower gait. It had actually worn away the metal. A trip to the junk yard for a non worn lower latch part and then reajusting both latches brought silence.
devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom