Fj60 axle ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have fj60 axles with bobbylongs n Im trying to get more turning out of these axles! There under my buggy with full hydro steering! What can I do to get more out of theses?

You remove your steering stops?

Remove the stops and a longer ram my 6in ram stop long before it gets to to the stop

I haven't removed the stops yet! I also have a 6in ram! I'll get a 8in ram n see what happens if it works I'll get another fj60 front n make rear steer with the 6in in the back

rear steer on toy axles are no bueno..

Last time I heard, he had swapped them out..

^Is that because Birfields are somehow weaker when operating in reverse? Most of the Birfield failures I've heard of were when someone was reversing hard. A Toyota steering axle in the rear would run the Birfs in reverse.

^Is that because Birfields are somehow weaker when operating in reverse? Most of the Birfield failures I've heard of were when someone was reversing hard. A Toyota steering axle in the rear would run the Birfs in reverse.

Birfields do not care what direction they spin. The problem with reverse popping them is because you are typically in a hole, and bound up. Birfs are weakest when the wheel is turned. So, backing up you have turned wheels, lower gearing, and all of the weight on the front end. Kablue..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom