FJ60 at Land Cruiser Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is starting to feel like I'm expecting a baby. The '83 FJ60 has been down at Land Cruiser Restoration for a couple months. Picked this rig up a couple years ago from previous owner in Kansas City area who had sat on this for about 12 years in his garage with intentions of bringing it back to Glory. As Life gets in the way for many of us priorities changed and I was in the right place at the right time. My Brother Jim (CenTXFJ60) found this rig through a co-worker who is neighbors with previous owner. Darn near barn find as this is a rust free truck originally out of Texas with 135k miles on the clock. All original except we installed an OME lift. I've been working on refreshing the interior. Certainly worthy of a restoration on the exterior as well.

I haven't seen much said here on Mud about Land Cruiser Restoration located in the small town of Belle Plaine, KS. Jim has a great setup and is all about Land Cruisers. Glad he is only 3 hours away from KC which makes logistics easy. Thought it was important for this paint job that they know Cruisers.

Truck was just sprayed earlier and they are buffing today. Should have it back in a couple weeks with fresh paint, new step sliders and ARB front bumper. Jim also custom makes sliders and bumpers for the 60s and 80s. He's been great to work with and keeps me updated on regular basis. Will report back with more later.
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg

If your avatar is before pic, you have good bones!

I can attest to the good bones. I checked this truck out in person a few years ago when a co-worker introduced me to his neighbor. It was a very clean original truck. Would have bought it but was a bit nicer than I normally chase. Anyhow, one trip to the Solid Axle Summit and Will was hooked. So I turned him onto this deal and you’ve got the rest of the story above.

I sent my 88 FJ62 to LCR in Belle Plaine KS after an unfortunate accident near my home in Dallas. I could not have had a better experience. The right rear quarter panel was smashed and the guys at LCR did a fantastic job repairing my beloved Cruiser that I have owned for over 30 years. You absolutely cannot tell it was ever in an accident. While the truck was in their shop, I received frequent updates- with pictures. I highly recommend this shop. Here's some before and after pics.

20190226_171749.jpg

20190226_171720.jpg

20190226_171731.jpg

20190409_151522[1].jpg

5762605451001002[1].jpg

20190409_151522[1].jpg

5762605451001002[1].jpg

Your in good hands, Jim is a good man & very fair. You should consider having them do any bar work for you while it's there if that's something your interested in. They made my rear bumper with the swing out tire carrier and ladder to get up to my rack and it was flawless. Best price I found as well.

Agree on Jim's bar work. He is making a set of step sliders for the 60. Really like his front low profile bumper. Reminds me of the Slee Short Bus bumper which is popular on the 80s. My only reason going with an ARB is concerns around here with potential deer strikes. I'm often on back roads at night coming home with the bird dogs. Considering his back bumper with tire carrier at some point.

My brother called Jim this week because he needed sliders for his 62 in preparation for the upcoming Solid Axle Summit in Ouray. Was able to ship a set immediately.

Here's a pic Jim recently sent on 60 going through buffing stage. Getting close.
Buffing Stage.jpg

What does he charge for a nice paint job like that? Someone Maaco’d My cruiser and I’d love to get it painted right.

I hit a big Mule buck with my ARB in Montana last year at 70 mph & slaughtered the deer- the bumper was unhurt. It was at night & one of those it happenned so fast no time to brake so I just rode it out. Rinsed it off the next day & pulled some hair out of the mount was it.

Thought I would report back from earlier post. Very pleased overall with the paint job from Land Cruiser Restoration. It was a pleasure working with Jim through the entire process. He kept me up to date all along the way. Took about 60 days to competed. This was not a frame-off restoration but you would think so from a foot away maybe closer.

Thought the cost / value ratio was very much inline with my goals. Fortunately bought this rig at a good price so still have a good investment story going with the Wife. Very satisfied customer. Jim also does engine conversions and is staring to work with the C2.8T. Will continue to follow his work.

Body was rust free with with a few dents one being on the roof. Had to put in a new headliner as a result which turned out to be great upgrade. Interior pops and now smell new. Pics show the before and after.
FJ60 Before.jpeg
fj60 after.jpeg

Thought I would report back from earlier post. Very pleased overall with the paint job from Land Cruiser Restoration. It was a pleasure working with Jim through the entire process. He kept me up to date all along the way. Took about 60 days to competed. This was not a frame-off restoration but you would think so from a foot away maybe closer.

Thought the cost / value ratio was very much inline with my goals. Fortunately bought this rig at a good price so still have a good investment story going with the Wife. Very satisfied customer. Jim also does engine conversions and is staring to work with the C2.8T. Will continue to follow his work.

Body was rust free with with a few dents one being on the roof. Had to put in a new headliner as a result which turned out to be great upgrade. Interior pops and now smell new. Pics show the before and after.
View attachment 2100154View attachment 2100155
Wow...that looks great Will. Really like the bumper and sliders as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom