FJ60 and FJ62 spring packs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
I am considering that, for now, at least, I will spend my money on ARB lockers, and get my springs re-arched and remount them with with inverted U bolts, better shackles and greaseable pins/bushings. I am looking for 1-1/2" of additinal lift, and better on-road articulation (ride) when pulling my trailer.

I understand that the FJ62 rear spring pack has an additional leaf, not found on the FJ60 spring pack. My 60 has 6 leaves in the rear. Does the Fj62 have seven?

If this is the case, I will buy a used set of 62 rears, re-arch all four springs, and mount everything up.

Reasonable plan???

Mike S

yep, fj62 one more rear leaf then a 60, I forget how many but one more. Ride height is from what I can tell is the same, I am guessing the 62 uses thiner leafs for a better ride.........but not sure, but am sure 62 has one more.

to the rest of your plan.......dunno?

Your plan doesn't sound too bad, but I'm not sure how much life you really get out of re-arched springs. I guess if you get the rear springs for cheap (I payed $100 for a complete FJ62 spring set) and get them all re-arched for cheap, and they last ya a good year or two, then it'll probably be worth it.

But, CCOT HFS FJ60/62 springs are only $596 for the set...

-Ferg-

If your getting ARB lockers it sounds like you intend to do some serious offroading so I would forget the rearched springs and get some new ones. The new suspension will improve the offroad ability of your cruiser.
But, CCOT HFS FJ60/62 springs are only $596 for the set...
You going to have to pull them off (@#$%pita) and take them somewhere to have them reset.For a few hundred more you can have new ones that wont need replacing again in 1-2 years.
My 73 series has 8 leaf 60 series springs on the back.TJM sold them as light duty,the heavy duty had one more.As landpimp suggested it may be all in the thickness of the leaves

I counted. My 60 has 6 leaves in the rear pack, the 62 has eight. Cost of rearching is about $140 per pair. Cost of OME or ALcans is $400+ per pair. I thought it would be useful to check out the alternatives.

Whether I go with new or re-arched springs I'm "going to have to pull them off (@#$%pita)...". How long ANY springs will last is a moot question.

So, pay $300 buck for re-arching or over $800 for new springs. The difference can buy some other goodies...

Mike S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom