FJ60 aka "El Tractor" being replaced by a 96 FJZ80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
My 60 (DD) died about a week ago, and I've been looking for a replacement. I found a 84 FJ60 that I liked but the wife disagrees with me. So, to be in a happy medium I found this 1996 Black FJZ80 with 196,000 miles belonging to a single mother. She wants $5,500.00 for the truck. First; I would like inputs, and tips on what to look for since my experience is with the 2F engines. If I like it, I'll post pictures tomorrow.:hmm:

The first question is............. Is it LOCKED? :D

I'll know about the magic knob tomorrow, also I found this 91 for 4300 OBO. I'm going to see both tomorrow. Decisions, decisions!!!:hmm:
Toyota Land Cruiser 003.jpg

That 91 looks real clean!!!

I love the my 91. People like to talk smack but it does the job.

Man, I miss my headlight washers from my 60 series! You guys are lucky you can get them on the 80's.

Is that a 91? wow, looks mint! First look at it (because of the rims) I would think a 93! But it has headlight washers! Is it a diesel? Does it have rear disk brakes?

I vote for 1996 and newer, too. You get more power, OBD-II, airbags, newer, full-floater rear, more power, more power (still not enough), more power...

jvazquez53 you trator!! Buy that blue 60!!

Seriously though, if you buy an 80, don't get a FJ80, go for the FZJ80. The power difference is worth the price.

Went today and looked at the 19 and the 96. The 96 was in terrible shape for what they want (never seen a dvd so expensive! :rolleyes:). That's the extra option (no lockers). The 91 looked ok outside but the interiors and the engine compartment were totally neglected. My wife is mad at me because I like the 60 better (sorry guys!). Most likely I'm going back to the 60, that I'm picking up Monday, that way I'll have two great 4x4's.:steer:

I bought my '94 before I did enough looking around. For me the most important would be to find one with lockers and make sure the birfs don't click. I didn't do either of these. Also, Choosing your 80 shouldn't be rushed. This is a decision that will be with you for a long time.

I would choose lower mileage over age, but watch out for the 91's that have a 4 cyl engine--it is pitifully underpowered.

I would choose lower mileage over age, but watch out for the 91's that have a 4 cyl engine--it is pitifully underpowered.

I dont think I have ever seen a US OEM 4 cylinder landcruiser.

I dont think I have ever seen a US OEM 4 cylinder landcruiser.

That's because they don't exist.

You can get a 4cyl overseas- in a diesel.

Never seen a 4 cylinder 80, but it doen't matter, I''m getting an 84 Smurf 60:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom