FJ60 aisan carb secondary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello m8s,
So I'm rebuilding my carb, and it looks like my secondary isn't opening up all the way.

See my video compared to pinheads.

It looks like the rod that goes into the secondary vacuum thingie is too long.

Any advice? Thanks

4A996EB6-BB30-48E6-86F3-7740B31EFB36.jpeg
The rebuild kits come with an incorrect diaphragm. This is the part you need.

Plus I believe that the vacuum put on the diaphragm opens it up even more than just the mechanical actuation. @OSS @CaptClose @FJ40Jim

okay, your concern is that by actuating the linkage, you do not see the secondary butterfly open fully? or that the butterfly doesn't open as far as Pin_heads does when he uses the linkage to actuate it?
the linkage is supposed to kick the butterfly open to a spec'ed angle only when held at wide open throttle. when this condition is met on a running engine, there is a vacuum signal generated in both barrels that is used to finish pulling the secondary butterfly open- you will NOT get the butterfly to fully open by using the linkage alone. when rebuilding, you are to set the "kick-open angle" of the secondary butterfly to a specific angle when the linkage is held at wide open throttle. you adjust the kick-open angle by bending the tabs on the linkage, as Pin_head shows in one of his videos. HTH

Thanks Jim, so does that diaphragm come with a shorter pullrod. Or does just having a shorter diaphragm allow the secondary to open up more (with the same pullrod)?

Thanks, just ordered the part, waiting to pickup from the NAPA store.

anyone know if the gasket by itself is available...anywhere
Just that little square sorta? Cut one from a roll of thin material from an ace hardware. I might have one around, can’t put my hands on it right this second.... but if your gonna go to that extent, just grab a rebuild kit. The one from O’Riellys is a great one for $40.

Vatozone or some mega chain Auto *may* be able to order .... But I'd just find a cheap kit on fleabay prolly work out the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom