Fj60 ac system to replace smog pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm new to the fj60 world. Love my fj60 and have always wanted one. I had a thought and wanted to know what you guys think. I have no emissions where I live.

I want to delete my smog but put an ac unit in its place. Is this possible?

Keep the same belt. Mount ac clutch in the same place the smog was.

Can someone explain the reason for deleting smog or keeping smog. Better air flow? Does it help the engine? Also, egr delete? How does this stuff help or hurt?

In addition, I'm going to replace my stock ps pump with a saginaw while I'm in there.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
I have other plans but let's stick to this for now.

Thanks

I kept the AC but deleted the smog on my last 60. I gutted the smog pump and reinstalled it, and reused the belt.

TONS of info in the sticky FAQ thread about all those questions!

The guy who rebuilt the carb on your truck back in 2020 also sells an idler pulley for the smog pump location: TLC Performance

Stock AC compressor location is on its own bracket below the alternator FYI and I'm not sure if it fits in the smog pump bracket or not.

(I will trade you a core AC compressor for that smog pump by the way. I might even have a bracket and the rest of the AC system parts around somewhere.)

TONS of info in the sticky FAQ thread about all those questions!

The guy who rebuilt the carb on your truck back in 2020 also sells an idler pulley for the smog pump location: TLC Performance

Stock AC compressor location is on its own bracket below the alternator FYI and I'm not sure if it fits in the smog pump bracket or not.

(I will trade you a core AC compressor for that smog pump by the way. I might even have a bracket and the rest of the AC system parts around somewhere.)
Sounds good. Im not going to do it right away I was just getting thoughts. When I decide to ill let you know.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom