Wanted FJ60 A/C wiring harness... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm converting a non-A/C FJ60 to an A/C version. I have everything except the wiring harness and the carburetor kick-up with associated VSV. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Do you need the A/C button/switch at the dash?

FJ60 AC Button.jpg

I actually have the switch, it's the harness between the switch, amplifier, idle-up vsv, magnet clutch, thermistor, and low pressure switch. My main concern is the 9 pin amplifier plug. I can build the harness, I just don't know where to source that specific plug.

Thanks

BTW, the female connector housing at the AC amplifier is Part Number 909800-10152, which is NLA.

That's the harness I was thinking of. Thanks for the picture. By looking at it I believe my connector that is going into the main harness is different, maybe I don't have the actual plug under the dash, although I checked the fuse panel and the wiring is in place to that panel. Here is a picture of the open connector from the main harness I have.

Wiring Connector.jpeg

Thanks
Scott

So just doing a little more research and found that the evaporator box and amplifier I have are from an FJ62, not a 60. So either I find a box from a 60, or wire in the 62 amplifier to work. The wiring connector I posted was correct for the 60 A/C, the blue and red went to the fuse, the white and black are ground, and the solid black was to the igniter.

You looking to sell or trade a 60 amplifier for a 62 amplifier? :)

Thanks
Scott

So just doing a little more research and found that the evaporator box and amplifier I have are from an FJ62, not a 60. So either I find a box from a 60, or wire in the 62 amplifier to work. The wiring connector I posted was correct for the 60 A/C, the blue and red went to the fuse, the white and black are ground, and the solid black was to the igniter.

You looking to sell or trade a 60 amplifier for a 62 amplifier? :)

Thanks
Scott
I could use a spare evaporator box and amplifier for my '86 FJ60, which has all the systems and wiring from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle. How about an even trade?

I could use a spare evaporator box and amplifier for my '86 FJ60, which has all the systems and wiring from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle. How about an even trade?
Sounds perfect to me, a trade would be great. If you'd like to message me with your address I'll do the same for you.

Thanks for the help
Scott

Hi,,

I do not have a decent dash bezel,, I believe there’s a guy on Etsy that’s 3D printing new ones,,

Here’s the pic of the amplifier,,

I’ll send you a PM

Thanks!
B69EBAEA-05DD-4AEB-9890-B5450426A4E8.jpeg

I'm converting a non-A/C FJ60 to an A/C version. I have everything except the wiring harness and the carburetor kick-up with associated VSV. Thanks in advance.

Scott

@ChaserFJ60

Chase can 3-D you a BRAND NEW dash in a timely manner , his craftsmanship is 110% ROCK SOLID ! :)

That's the harness I was thinking of. Thanks for the picture. By looking at it I believe my connector that is going into the main harness is different, maybe I don't have the actual plug under the dash, although I checked the fuse panel and the wiring is in place to that panel. Here is a picture of the open connector from the main harness I have.

View attachment 2889643

Thanks
Scott

i offer various CONNECTORS ALACART if u need any ?

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

I need the same harness. Anyone else have one? Or @ToyotaMatt can you build me one?

the short answer is i have on-hand every single 8/80-9/87 40 and FJ60 oem connector housings , that is not the main sticky point here

based on the little info on these A/C sub harness section as a whole ?

- i simply would need the same exact part # one in-hand to do a non-invasive ditto perfect clone of the donor sitting in front of me while i crimp away , the exacting locations of the various switch and circuit legs as that branch off is pins and needles critical to get spot on correct location wise as well as there length correct too

there is a ZERO room for error here on this type of custom 1 or 5 off reproduction sub harness work , if your 1/2" short on any one connector location ? you then have a useless pile of wires and hours of waisted time spent , etc .....

the only way i know and understand to provide a professional " First Time Fit " needed sub harness section is to have a good un-jerked around one in my hands to refer to , i call it a Jigging-Pattern ...

- i phone call into Brandon @ Classic Cruisers in Salida Colorado , could produce a nice clean original that then does NOT require a reproduction at all in the first place ?

- the cost relationship between the 2 options i outline above , should be krystal klear , after you talk top classic cruisers , if they have one of these ?

hope this helps ?

matt :)

1704149499292.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom