fj60/62 seat mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

As we are on a holiday week, I am thinking of my interior, and want to upgrade my seats from cloth to a nicer vinyl or leather (more clean-able).

I currently have bucket seats out of a late 80's/early 90's prelude, and they are pretty darn comfortable. But local upholstery shops want over $500 per seat to recover in vinyl, and I want a darker charcoal color like SOR vinyl. Problem is, I would need a stock front seat to go the SOR route.

Thoughts and pics would be appreciated. I want the best bang for my buck, and wouldn't be opposed to going back to stock seat, but don't know if I'm taking a step back in comfort since I haven't sat in a stock fj62 seat.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joel

Hey all,

As we are on a holiday week, I am thinking of my interior, and want to upgrade my seats from cloth to a nicer vinyl or leather (more clean-able).

I currently have bucket seats out of a late 80's/early 90's prelude, and they are pretty darn comfortable. But local upholstery shops want over $500 per seat to recover in vinyl, and I want a darker charcoal color like SOR vinyl. Problem is, I would need a stock front seat to go the SOR route.

Thoughts and pics would be appreciated. I want the best bang for my buck, and wouldn't be opposed to going back to stock seat, but don't know if I'm taking a step back in comfort since I haven't sat in a stock fj62 seat.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Joel

Find some cheap PT Cruiser vinyl seats, they fit with minimal tweaking. I have a grey set wjith 62 mounts will plug right in for $50, but shipping would kill making it worthwhile. You could also see if there are any DIY covers for the prelude seats available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom