Fj60/62 Rear cargo panels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a set of fj60/62 cargo panels or a template so I can trace and build my own custom panel. If any one had something I would gladly buy them even if its just the press board I just want to copy them on some plywood. Thx

Hi @georgebj60 , those DXF files would help me. Coincidentally, I picked up a steel address sign from a water jet cutting company here in town today, and talked with the owner about cutting new rear cargo panels. He said I could provide a cardboard template or a dxf file and, if I supplied the material, he'd cut it for cheap. I'm just exploring the idea of changing out the original pressboard for either carbon-fiber or aluminum, but need to also source flush latches and hinges?

So yes, PM me and I'll send an e-mail if you are willing to part with your DXF files. Do you also happen to have one for tailgate storage?

Thanks

I have some DXF files that I made of the rear panels. You could send them to a printer and have them printed out on paper that you could use as a template. Would that help?
I’d love this file as well if possiblue. Ive been looking to cut mine out of wood and a template would be super helpful.

Here are my files. Use at your own peril, but they worked well for my '84. I also show on the files where to cut the panels if you're using the 62 series rear 3-point seatbelts and factory trim cover, which is what I'm doing on my '84. I think I added a fastener in the trimmed version, so you might need to drill a hole in your inside steel for this (or delete that fastener).

Again, these files are for early trucks that do not have jack and tools stored in the side of the cargo area.

There are 2 versions, one with geometry to match the factory fasteners, and another with that geometry replaced with 3mm holes at the centre of the factory fasteners, so you can modify and use whatever fastener you prefer.

If you use these files and create new panels for your rig, please tag me so I can see what you did. It's always good to see different ideas on how to replace the tired, factory side panels. And if you find something that doesn't work with the files post up here. I'm happy to change them if something is amiss. Though as mentioned, they fit my '84 perfectly.

EDIT: May 5/23: updated to combine all versions into one file.

Attachments

• side panel cnc.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 89
  • side panel cnc.dxf
    777.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Here are my files. Use at your own peril, but they worked well for my '84. I also show on the files where to cut the panels if you're using the 62 series rear 3-point seatbelts and factory trim cover, which is what I'm doing on my '84. I think I added a fastener in the trimmed version, so you might need to drill a hole in your inside steel for this (or delete that fastener).

Again, these files are for early trucks that do not have jack and tools stored in the side of the cargo area.

There are 2 versions, one with geometry to match the factory fasteners, and another with that geometry replaced with 3mm holes at the centre of the factory fasteners, so you can modify and use whatever fastener you prefer.

If you use these files and create new panels for your rig, please tag me so I can see what you did. It's always good to see different ideas on how to replace the tired, factory side panels. And if you find something that doesn't work with the files post up here. I'm happy to change them if something is amiss. Though as mentioned, they fit my '84 perfectly.

OH man, this is huge. I've been hunting around for years. I'll download this and give it a go for my '62.

You got a venmo account? PM me your info so I can send you some beer money.

Calvin

OH man, this is huge. I've been hunting around for years. I'll download this and give it a go for my '62.

Calvin
Hey man. That's super kind and generous. But not necessary. I've shared these files with lots of people, and I'm just happy to give something back to a great bunch of people here that are always willing to help. The only thing I ask is that if you use the files and make something cool, to post up, and tag me so I can see what you did. Keep us posted!

Calvin
Calvin, did you ever do these? We are doing mine Friday. Looking fort the tailgate file if anyone has it.

Thanks,
Robbie

I've updated my post above with a new file that has both variations of the panels in one file
1) first variation is a reproduction of the original panels
2) second variation is the same part, except factory clip geometry has been replaced with a 3mm hole at the centre so you can add different machinings if you're using a different fastener.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 15.19.54.png

I've updated my post above with a new file that has both variations of the panels in one file
1) first variation is a reproduction of the original panels
2) second variation is the same part, except factory clip geometry has been replaced with a 3mm hole at the centre so you can add different machinings if you're using a different fastener.

View attachment 3315586
So how would I download and print the 3 mm panel template? I'm from BC.....before computers. Thx

These are DXF files, that can be imported into a CAD program, such as AutoCAD, or CNC software, such as Biesseworks.
If you let me know what you’re trying to do I might be help you out.

Any print shop should be able to print full size paper printouts of the parts. If they need a different format let me know and I might be able to export what they need.

I need to get to a shop and get the shoulder belt versions printed so I can lay em out on my wood I'm using. I'll be doing a lot more customisation but having pre-made templates for the panel shape will save a ton of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom