FJ60/62 Rear Bumper Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work jeff. Hope it last longer than that first engine rebuild you did.

I really like this bumper kit but I'm not a welder. How many hours of labor would I expect to pay a shop to build this bumper with the tire carrier? Thanks

Ah Thad, that's low.

If your gonna pay a shop to weld up this bumper, you better buy one ready to mount right off the crate when it is delivered. A kaymar or other brand. There is tons of detail work with tapping holes etc that will eat you alive with hours. There is at least 10 hrs of welding and fab work, not including all the extra details of stop blocks on the swing arms, license plate lights, etc. not to mention the grinding to make it look nice. don't buy one of these to save time. Buy one to have satisfaction you built it in your own garage. You will save money, but not time.

I'll say this, if someone runs into the back of me, they will be buying a new car. This thing is beefy.

The time consuming part is grinding welds smooth. You could pay the shop to weld it and then you could do the finish work. I did two bumpers (welded ahd smoothed welds ) in a weekend.

I appreciate the input, I thought I might be better off buying a finished bumper. Hopefully I can find one real similar.

I appreciate the input, I thought I might be better off buying a finished bumper. Hopefully I can find one real similar.

I looked and looked and Kaymar is what I have seen the most on my friend's rigs, and it is, let's say, mass-market quality. There's always 4+ from MAF, which is good quality, but I didn't want a Jerry can holder. I think Matt's is an excellent design, and the only reason I didn't go with it was that I needed QP protection.

Mark is supposed to be designing some add-on quarter panel protection for his rear bumper, something that can work with what we already have gotten from him and mounted. We can stick it to the end of the bumper and bolt it to the frame. Any progress on that mark?
Jeff

jfnall said:
Mark is supposed to be designing some add-on quarter panel protection for his rear bumper, something that can work with what we already have gotten from him and mounted. We can stick it to the end of the bumper and bolt it to the frame. Any progress on that mark?
Jeff

Quarter panel protection would be a HUGE plus.

how do you order a bumper kit ? just the bumper dont need the swing arm

It includes everything you see in the diagram (kinda hard to see...I apologize). The swing arms are 2X3 square tubing, so pretty easy to source yourself. I would guess around 50 bucks to ship to you. I just tried UPS (have a business account through them) and they are having site issues.

how do you order , and do it come with a hitch or is that extra ?

The rear bumper kits are awesome. I'm waiting to hear more about the front bumpers and bolt on rear rocker guards.

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

a while ago

can I be pointed too a current page ect
being in Australia buying a pack is NOT a option
can the cad plans be sold to someone over here
never know unless you ask

interested long term (spring/summer) whats the wait time on the kits etc?

I usually have a kit or two available most of the time. Let me know when ready.

can I be pointed too a current page ect
being in Australia buying a pack is NOT a option
can the cad plans be sold to someone over here
never know unless you ask

I don't currently sell the plans. Sent you an email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom