SOLD FJ60/62 Land Cruiser Wilderness Roof Rack - Full Length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OSS

SILVER Star
Threads
** SOLD ** $250
Local pickup only. No shipping.
Located in Redondo Beach CA 90277

I'm selling my used FJ60/62 roof rack. It is the rack sold at Specter Offroad "Wilderness Roof Rack".

Carrying capacity: 500 lbs.

Page 256 Land Cruiser Wilderness Roof Rack & Accessories

60 & 62 SERIES HEAVY DUTY WILDERNESS ROOF RACK -
4 1/2' x 7' x 6" Black powder coated finish-Fits 8/80-1/90 60 & 62 Series-Comes with 5 inch clamps (qty 8)-Comes with installation hardware.

The manufacturer of this rack is Garvin Wilderness Racks.
Here's the info on their site:

Garvin Wilderness Off Road Series Racks are 6"H and have been specifically engineered to meet the challenges and abuse that traveling off road demands. This trail proven racks lets you load up to 500 pounds of your gear, depending on rack size and vehicle application. Racks are complete with all mounting hardware, and are black powdercoated for durability. Rain Gutter Mounted.

Rack was purchased in 2011 and was mounted on the car for two years - then it has been stored in a garage locker ever since. The powder coating on the rack is in very good condition with no rusting. You won't have to paint this. The gutter mounts are in good condition too. The mounting bolts are a little rusty (grimy rusty because they had some oil sprayed on them) but a new mounting hardware kit (the bolts) can be purchased separately from Garvin Wilderness Racks (the maker of this rack) for cheap.

This roof rack is a three piece design and bolts together and can be taken apart to be stored in a closet. It can also be bolted together sectionally on the roof (and disassembled) which makes it very easy for one person to mount it (or remove it) from the roof.

The three sections can easily fit into the back of any SUV. I transported it in a Subaru Forester with ease.

The rack maybe weighs 50 lbs. significant lighter than an ARB rack (which I used to have) or the old Confers. I used a 3/8" plywood floor for it and you can have that too / though its an unpainted, weathered piece of plywood.

My rack is currently stuffed in a locker and I can't take a picture of it

Picture from SOR
image.jpeg

From Garvin
image.jpeg

Last edited:
F, do you have the mounts, also?

@Spike Strip
Yes I have all the parts. Everything. As mentioned, the fasteners (bolts & washers) that bolt it together have a little rust on them but they aren't rust bombs. I contacted Garvin Racks & they said they have replacement faster kits (bolts & washers). They're pretty cheap.

I'm moving (moved actually) - so I need to get this rack out of the garage locker. It's also listed on Craigslist (Los Angeles/So Bay).

How fast before you've got to get it out of storage? I prolly couldn't make it until the weekend ...

@OSS

@Spike Strip
Condo hasn't been listed for sale yet. That will happen mid/later January. I probably have most of January before the garage lockers need to be fully cleared out.

OK, I'll take it if it's no problem to wait a week or two ---

When is your smog test due?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom