FJ60/62 BMW seat brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@torfab any left for 87 fj60?? What year BMW seats do I need to look for? Thank you!!

Read the rest of the thread replies.....

The later the seat, the more irritating the wiring setup. My '06 and '07 seats 'time out' in a few minutes after power is applied - then they won't adjust. I added a power button to the seats so that you can turn on the power, adjust the seat, and then turn off the power so that it will re-set in a few minutes. Count on the Germans to over-engineer stuff. I would look for early 2000s seats, but the older they are, the more boned out they tend to be.

@torfab any left for 87 fj60?? What year BMW seats do I need to look for? Thank you!!

Read the rest of the thread replies.....

The later the seat, the more irritating the wiring setup. My '06 and '07 seats 'time out' in a few minutes after power is applied - then they won't adjust. I added a power button to the seats so that you can turn on the power, adjust the seat, and then turn off the power so that it will re-set in a few minutes. Count on the Germans to over-engineer stuff. I would look for early 2000s seats, but the older they are, the more boned out they tend to be.

The time out wait is 2 minutes after manually removing it from power. I'm providing the same switched power set up, so it's pretty much available any time. Fortunately, I rarely need to adjust seats, and with memories it can be done quickly. I think it gives us 15 seconds for adjustments before shutting off.

I get my 62 back from the paint tech this Sunday. My BMW seats (2008 325i E90 Sport Seats) will be physically going in next week, but power and such will be the following week. I will then begin a detailed seat thread.

For what it's worth, the passenger seat does not have the time out power issue.

Another note on the years of seats:

I have a 2006 seat with a comfortable headrest - you can lean your head back a bit. The 2007 seat puts the headrest quite a bit forward, so you cannot move your head back very far. I tried using the '06 headrest in the '07 seat, but no-go.

I read (years ago) that the feds upped the 'headrest safety standard' in '07, and it I can tell. I don't like the effect, but it's arguably safer, I suppose.

The headrests on my '08 seats 'rotate' forward(I believe it is simply a 'friction fit', no clicking or set positions) in addition to vertical movement.

I don't see pre 1986 brackets listed on the Torfab sight but it seems like they're mentioned here. Are there any ready-made bracket options for the BMW seats for those of us with 1985 and earlier FJ60s?

Just give us a call, the brackets are available although I believe we're out of stock at the moment.

Thanks Tor. I didn't want to start a seat search if brackets were going to be an issue for my '85.

Here is a link to a page that gives you a full breakdown on function of the seats, at least for mine. If you go to the Home page of the site, you can drill down by VIN or model to see the specific info. I was able to confirm what I was pretty sure of, with the diagrams and pin-outs there.

Electrically adjustable seats

Thought these are $120 shipped? Website shows $145 ...

don't mean to hijack...but

Saucebox, if you want I will PM a pic of the brackets I made to get BMW seats into my '85 FJ60. Same floor as yours. Maybe give you some ideas...

Hey there - would you mind sending me that pic? :)

Got a line on a set of manual beamer seats for my '85.

Thank you!

-Ophir

We've designed a set of seat brackets to bolt BMW 3 series seats into a late FJ60 or FJ62. I'm looking for a few people who want to test them out for us and provide some feedback on fitment.

We can probably manufacture 3 sets so some people can try them out. If you want to test them, then you need to be ready to buy some seats. I would support someone who is ready for this upgrade now, so we can get feedback on the brackets sooner.

So far we've used them in about 3 of our 60 series resto-mod builds, and they have worked well with some tweaks. Now I'm ready to get some feedback from you guys.

###Update###

These brackets were tested by a few members of this forum with good results, and they're now available to purchase in our store for $120 including shipping.

store.torfab.com

View attachment 801249

View attachment 801250

View attachment 801251
The second picture..are those seats ouff of a 5-series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom