FJ60/62 axles on FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed 60/62 axles sua on their 55?
I’m getting ready to do this and could not find much on this subject..
Thanks guys!

Yes. Perches on rear axle moved in to match frame width. Hangers and shackle mounts on front outboarded to suit the perches on the axle (differential bulge in the way for narrowing perch width on front where frame is narrower).

Yes. Perches on rear axle moved in to match frame width. Hangers and shackle mounts on front outboarded to suit the perches on the axle (differential bulge in the way for narrowing perch width on front where frame is narrower).
Got pics?

Nothing handy to post, but I believe it's common to do with 40s too. I'm far, far from the first to do this. If you can't dig up some relevant threads, ping me and I'll get you a few pics.

Nothing handy to post, but I believe it's common to do with 40s too. I'm far, far from the first to do this. If you can't dig up some relevant threads, ping me and I'll get you a few pics.
Do you know if FJ40 springs are the same length as fj55 springs?

That I don't know. I suspect not. I've got 60 series rear OME Dakkars on the rear, and a second hand set of Belton 55 fronts on the front.

I believe the axles are the same between 40/55 (spring perches too) but the springs are different lengths?

Front springs are the same on 40’s and 55’s. 55 rears are longer than the 40’s,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom