SOLD FJ60 4 Speed with Fairey Overdrive And Transfer Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$2000

$1500 OBO

This combo came out of late 1985 FJ60. A solid little tranny with no issues at all. I gotta say that overdrive makes the truck a viable highway vehicle. I don't know how you guys do it with just 4 gears. Please ignore the additional bellhousing adaptor for a Chevy smallblock. That has been sold.

Ready to go as it's already been pulled. Usual caveats of come and get it yourself or let me know how you want to arrange to ship it as that would be on you. Located in Austin, TX.

Any takers?

Last edited:
At the risk of saying something completely ignorant, because I am when it comes to this tranny setup...

it was bolted to a GM 400 small block. I have a buyer for the bell housing. It was my understanding these overdrives don’t affect the transfer case as that will be needed for the engine swap we’re performing. Because of this it was not included in the sale.

At the risk of saying something completely ignorant, because I am when it comes to this tranny setup...

it was bolted to a GM 400 small block. I have a buyer for the bell housing. It was my understanding these overdrives don’t affect the transfer case as that will be needed for the engine swap we’re performing. Because of this it was not included in the sale.

Are you sure you have a Fairey overdrive and not a Ranger overdrive? The Ranger is used in between the engine and transmission. All the Fairey overdrives I know of are on the transfer case one way or another depending on the type of transfer case.

@Living in the Past - I'm becoming less and less sure of everything these days. Will DM you. I have a couple of questions.

@Masonblackmon - Sit tight, brother. I'll let you know more once I figure this out. What would be your preference? A whole Tranny+OD+Transfer Case combo?

I have a 74 fj40 and I’ve been looking into trying to figure out options for both an overdrive and a lower crawl range so probably the whole combo but I’m still learning about what does and doesn’t swap and go together.

Well, the discussion I'm having is mostly about whether or not I can keep this transfer case with overdrive and use it with the GM 5speed manual I'm going to put in or if I'm going to have to find a new transfer case altogether. If the latter is the case (no pun intended) we could discuss a whole combo deal, but I'm likely gonna have to up the price a little bit.

Also, super cool you're in Texas. Would make getting you the part a little easier.

Kinda shocked there’s been no traction here. I’ve seen the transmissions going for over a grand alone. Nobody needs this plug and play package?

Fairey. Hence keeping it all together and just going with a virgin Transfer Case for my needs. Good news is the tranny, OD, and TC will come out as a single unit for whoever wants it. :)

Fairey. Hence keeping it all together and just going with a virgin Transfer Case for my needs. Good news is the tranny, OD, and TC will come out as a single unit for whoever wants it. :)

@FJ Noob were you interested? it should be outta the truck next week and I’d love to get it out of the way ASAP.

Gotcha. Were that the case I woulda popped it off and kept the Transfer Case for myself. Coulda made two of us happy. :)

thanks for letting me know.

$2000

This combo is coming out of late 1985 FJ60. A solid little tranny with no issues at all. I gotta say that overdrive makes the truck a viable highway vehicle. I don't' know how you guys do it with just 4 gears.

The truck is going in for an engine swap in the next week or so and I'd prefer to have a buyer lined up so we can disappear this sucker straight from the shop as I've really nowhere to put it once I get the truck back. Usual caveats of come and get it yourself or let me know how you want to arrange to ship it as that would be on you. Located in Austin, TX.

Any takers?
Is this still available? I’m in Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom