Fj60 2FE Engine Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com
I have a 1984 Fj60 with a 1988 Fj62 fuel injection engine head on it. The donor engine was already desmogged so i put on a desmogged EFI on. I left my catalytic converter on when i first drove it (Because i was lazy) but as soon as i cut it off i got the engine codes 25/26. the exhaust pipe i put in to delete the catalytic converter has a ton of pin holes and it has a bad exhaust leak, could that be the cause of the engine codes firing off? with the research ive done its most likely not the O2 sensors but I dont know where to start really. the O2 sensors are before the exhaust leak so im doubtful it could cause the codes.

What are 25/26 again? AFR?

I've ran around with open downpipes before and not gotten any codes so I don't think that's me exhaust leak is necessarily your issue... Pull the O2 sensors and see if they test to spec.

How is your exhaust set up? OEM downpipes?

25 and 26 are rich or lean not sure which is which, but they would both flash on mine before I swapped in some new denso O2 sensors...

So i did some more research and concluded to fix the exhaust leak, I had a ton of holes in it and i think having no back pressure is what caused the codes. after i fixed it i reset the computer and drove for about 60miles and haven't gotten the check engine light again,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom