FJ60 2F Only runs smooth with the Choke on it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No not straight to the battery. It is on a wire that also switcht on when the key is on. When the car bucks its not really hard or heavy. But it just dont
feel how it supposed to be! And the strange thing is when the engine is cold then its less then when the engine is hot. and when you just drive in the city you almost don't notice it because you are braking al the time and driving off al the time. Maybe the coil is possible but is it possible that you only feeling this when your driving the
same speed?

Hi Guys,

I'm back! I put the car to the side for a month because i had other things to do. But i replaced and a just some parts the last week but its stil not running perfect!
The problem of the the after burning is fixed! :D. @ntdb the solenoid was the problem i think! It didn't click but i also dit not got any power on the cable. So i made a bypass and now the solenoid clicks but its ON for all the time, i dont know of this is a problem? It stopped after burning now when the choke is off! So i'm happy with that.

The car runs now perfect but there is still 1 problem!

If i drive the car and it doesn't matter what speed but if the engine is warm and i keep the car on a same speed like 40mph then the car
shocks a little bit! So i took the distributor cap of and the rotor and they were old. I thought this was the problem but it didn't helped.

because the engine is running great when its idling and when i give it full throttle i don't think the problem is in the SMOG system? But maybe
i'm totally wrong!

I will make a list what i did till now! :

1. Set Ignition Timing Correct
  2. Replaced Distributor cap and the rotor.
  3. Adjust the mixture of the carburetor (But the CO what comes out of the exhaust is still to high on the tester)
  4. Ultrasonic cleaned the carburetor and replaced al the gaskets.

Does anyone has some more tips and tricks ;).
Did you check your engine fuse? If that were blown it would cause power loss to the solenoid and probably cause problems elsewhere in your smog system.

and when you just drive in the city you almost don't notice it because you are braking al the time and driving off al the time. Maybe the coil is possible but is it possible that you only feeling this when your driving the
same speed?

The bucking I experienced was at highway speeds. It was like repeatedly hitting a wall. Really threw me back and forth in the seat. Truck would also shutoff at stop lights sometimes. Fixed the ICS grounds at the EC and never happened again. My coil problem was one and done. Truck just shut off and never started again until coil was replaced. Sounds like maybe your situation is different.

If the Vacuum Switch is faulty, the engine can buck at light throttle.
To rule out if your vacuum switch is bad, disconnect the wire from the switch (it just pulls off) and ground it with a jumper wire to a body bolt nearby. Then take the engine for a test drive and see if that changed anything for the better.

B63F46D1-89E0-4655-91EE-3052DC261438.png
49B1E930-BEDD-4207-82CF-F675BA887E86.jpeg

Hi Guys,

@ntdb I checked it was not broken. :(

@OSS I checked it but it didn't matter. Its still the same :(

Today a mechanic is came to take a look but here in holland they are not familiar with the SMOG system.

Some more tips maybe?

Thx

All of the above advice is great, but here's another piece for you... Last year my truck suddenly started running rough and would backfire & die on me. Everything was fine with the choke pulled out halfway. I found that two of the nuts that hold the carb down were loose - fresh air was being sucked in at the base of the carb causing the mixture to be VERY lean. I tightened the nuts and everything was good after that. Add that to your list of things to check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom