Fj60 1987 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parked cruiser today,grabbed the Ram. Got in the 60 smelled burning and had buzzing behind dash-steering wheel area. Both turn signals were on at the same time But not flashing. Any thoughts working 7 days a week. Thanks, Mike

First disconnect the battery just incase the fusible link or a fuse did not blow. Check your fuses and see if one blew, if it did that is the circuit to start looking at. With no details I would suspect the hazard circuit is a starting point. It is a key off hot circuit and connected to the turn signals. Maybe just the flasher shorted and no wiring was damaged.

I'd check the ground junction block that's known to fry and it's right behind the cluster.

@OSS has posted pix of it but I can't seem to find them now ....

Take off the gauge cluster and look for the melted wire. Check that you dont have the wrong fuses installed. The fuses should pop before anything burns. Check to see that no aftermarket wire is running through without a fuse.

I’ve had the truck since almost new,only an aftermarket Alpine radio in it which I bought new 30 years ago.

Buzzing and still no start. Never seen this before. Removed radio which needed replacing but was not the solution. Mike

Check all the fuses and that no fuse port has a larger fuse than its rated for, Replace and see which one pops

Embarrassing but always check simple stuff first. I didn’t look at the battery or alternator since they were one year old. Auto Zone Gold had a short in it. Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson,check simple stuff FIRST !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom