Builds FJ60 12HT converted engine rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the turbo side done today. That G turbo looks sweet!
20190709_091540.jpg
20190709_123627.jpg
20190709_125037.jpg
20190709_125039.jpg

Last edited:
Engine looks killer well done just wondering where you got the silicone hose from the intake pipe to turbo ?

I bought my Gturbo from PDI in Australia. Not directly from Graeme. Maybe it's a PDI thing?

Havent posted in a while. Progress has slowed do to work travel and i got hit with appendicitis. All good though. Gonna get after it. I have been keeping better updates on Instagram ( @bearrepubliccoatings) as it's just easier to post there.
20190923_081807.jpg
20190923_081814.jpg
20190923_081823.jpg
20190923_081847.jpg

You removed the glow screen? Where did you get the adapter for the intake after the IC?

Glow screen was replaced by a CNC water-jetted block of aluminum. Vsv has been replaced by a 3 inch throttle body. More airflow
20190724_184004.jpg
20190724_183857.jpg
I spent a day cleaning out the engine bay too. It was a greasy mess.
20190902_123956.jpg
20190902_124001.jpg
20190902_124011.jpg

@MCJakeCrim: It looks like you pulled the 12HT without taking off the front end (radiator, etc.) and without disconnecting the AC stuff. Is that correct? If so, how did you do that?
And were you able to pull it without taking off the hood? Or did you just put the hood back on after cleaning the engine bay?

Great job, by the way. Everything looks absolutely fantastic. How many hours do you think you have in it so far?
-Sean

@MCJakeCrim: It looks like you pulled the 12HT without taking off the front end (radiator, etc.) and without disconnecting the AC stuff. Is that correct? If so, how did you do that?
And were you able to pull it without taking off the hood? Or did you just put the hood back on after cleaning the engine bay?

Great job, by the way. Everything looks absolutely fantastic. How many hours do you think you have in it so far?
-Sean
Yeah, you can pull it with the front ac core and cross member with the right equipment and if you leave the bellhousing on the transmission. It will be going back in with the bell attached. It's a pita, I'll probably pull all that out to put it in though cause the bell is on. I have a hoist lever, I may try and see if I can snake it in. Hood was removed also, it was bolted on after it go pulled.

-Sean
It took me about 30 hours of work to actually put the engine together. I have about 100 hours just in cleaning and ceramic coating all the parts. What's time consuming is parts, ordering and waiting for the right parts.

Heres a comparison pic to before cleaninng

Yeah that's the plan .
Thanks for the replies. I do not see a before cleaning picture attached. Can you repost?
Thanks!

What’s the diameter of the original VSV inlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom