FJ55, what is necessary to out-preform an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob,

Any advise as far as paint? How was your experience with the paint shop next to Ironpigoffroad? Someone was telling me that their work was very over priced, but it looks like they did an awesome job on your 40. As your truck comes together you should post some buildup photos.

Ryan.

FJ55-100's truck answers the question. This will spank a built FZJ80 in every regard, road or dirt...
Image-D168303F501511DA.jpg

Image-1B55C53A888C11DA.jpg

Image-1B57EEF8888C11DA.jpg

Evan has done a great job evolving his rig. Functionally, it's beautiful. If you have the time, patience (I've already redone several of my mods as I gain knowledge and experience) and money, you can do anything. My desires for my 55 is to have a reliable, stockish truck capable of getting me and my family to where we want to go. And increasingly, that's further and further "out there", if you will. My truck is simple, dependable, and it's always gotten me there and back.

That's all I need. Admittedly, I own my 55 in part because of the "what the fxxx is that?" factor. The looks you get from people. They pass us on the freeway, and you can see them mouthing the fender emblem, "Toyota Landcruiser". It's a throwback to a forgotten era. An 80 is just another SUV to most people (i know they're every bit as capable, and more comfortable). But at the end of the day, after driving through sandstorms, blizzards, mud, rocks, boring highways I get home, and my neighbors come out and go, "Jesus, where the hell have you been?" We just have to smile.

Mine is going in for a full resto when I can afford it, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy it's "rustic comforts", and trash my rockers in the process!

See you on the trail, whatever you're driving.

:cheers:

We're all birds of a feather, after all, right?

:D

Last edited:
Don't forget Evans cruiser is now supercharged! ;p and bad ass!...And to think I'm happy with my spare tire carrier almost finished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom