FJ55 VIN and color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me if the VIN for the FJ55 also indicates by code the original color? Does anyone on the forum know how to break down the code or could someone post me a link to a previous discussion if this has already been done?

I'm looking into whether the color on my FJ55 is original.

Also, since most FJ55s appear to be two tone, does this also show up in the VIN?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Seems like I read the other day that you could not tell the colors by the Vin # like you can with newer vehicles. Someone said to see the original color just look behind something to see what color it was (could be a smarty pants answer). I am not 100% sure, but I had the same question you have now and I seem to rememebr reading that. i could have dreamed that though.....

randy

A lot of times if you look behind the gas cap you can see if there has been a color change.

Awesome. Thanks for posting the link. Will have a look in the truck and figure out what my original color was, and get to work. Hope it's the pumpkin as well. Love that color. Might paint it that color regardless, since it will match the color of the TOYOTA decal on the tailgate of my Tacoma.

Yeah, geek, I know.

S

Color Codes!

Found a cool on AutoColorLibrary.com for Toyota years 69-73.

This should be helpful to anyone who might be trying to find their original color based on available codes.

A lot more colors out there than I suspected for these model years.

Will take a couple of posts to get them all, so more to follow...

Have fun!

S
paint codes 01.JPG
paint codes 02.JPG
paint codes 03.JPG

More color codes

More colors....
paint codes 04.JPG
paint codes 05.JPG
paint codes 06.JPG

last colors

last of available colors for 69 - 73
paint codes 07.JPG
paint codes 08.JPG
paint codes 09.JPG

Found this online, appears to have originally been done from resources on IH8MUD.

This is great as it illustrates the color timeline. I'm puzzled, however, that the Polux (Pollux?) Orange didn't appear to be a two-tone color, but only solid orange.

Does this mean that the roof would have been painted white and the remainder of the truck a solid color (as in FJ40 style), or did the roof match the body?

Thanks
S
color chart fj55.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom